Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21” MY Uberturbine + Pirelli set (Model Y/OEM)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 75 days, I finally got my VIN yesterday. I will be swapping the stock 21” Uberturbines for the sake of ride comfort immediately after taking delivery. They will effectively have <10 miles, most of them pre-delivery.
Pickup from my garage in Lincoln Square (Chicago) only, unless you’re willing to arrange shipping for additional $. Not looking to make profits, don’t have space for extra set of wheels.

Available around 11/5 (pending delivery).

Yours for $2,500 OBO (no lowballs please). DM and let’s discuss!

Includes:
2 x 21X9.5 Uberturbine Front Wheels
2 x 21X10.5 Uberturbine Rear Wheels
2 x 255/35R21 98W XL Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) Front Tires
2 x 275/35R21 103W XL Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) Rear Tires
4 x TPMS (factory bluetooth)
4 x 21-Inch Uberturbine Lug Nut Covers

After 75 days, I finally got my VIN yesterday. I will be swapping the stock 21” Uberturbines for the sake of ride comfort immediately after taking delivery. They will effectively have <10 miles, most of them pre-delivery.
Pickup from my garage in Lincoln Square (Chicago) only, unless you’re willing to arrange shipping for additional $. Not looking to make profits, don’t have space for extra set of wheels.

Includes:
Quick update: tires and wheels are here! Less than 10 miles (all delivery) on them. Still has the new stickers on them.

Attachments

• 29D17C22-51CB-40DC-B116-93021C1CCD8B.jpeg
    29D17C22-51CB-40DC-B116-93021C1CCD8B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • B3A9F333-67CD-405B-AA10-82F1B78E5F5F.jpeg
    B3A9F333-67CD-405B-AA10-82F1B78E5F5F.jpeg
    823.4 KB · Views: 73
  • B5439EBF-2AD2-4A61-B035-A395D7F62D6E.jpeg
    B5439EBF-2AD2-4A61-B035-A395D7F62D6E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77

Includes:
Hey dfiz1
I'm interested in replacing my 21" uberterbs since I don't fancy paying $1k every year to replace the back tires. Any issues with the lowered suspension and bigger (?) brakes on the model Y performance? I just want the smaller black wheels that are not staggered so i can get cheaper tires, can rotate them, and likely better ride quality too. Any guidance on this process would be awesome.

@James Ge I swapped to a square setup with 3rd party 19” wheels, and larger sidewall tires - so far everything’s been great.
Re: Suspension… I definitely appreciate the better cushioning the 19”s provide, especially on the crappy roads around me. As has been noted, the suspension in the Y, esp the MYP, is definitely tuned to be tighter. We have a 2020 AMG Mercedes that rides on 20” wheels and the road feel is similar. We also have a 2022 Volvo with 20” tires and wheels and air suspension which absolutely floats, even on “sport” mode, so I can tell you that if you like some road feel, prefer to feel connected to the road with steering response and the instant throttle/torque, you will greatly enjoy the Y. Yes, the 21” was “harsh” but only because of the really shitty roads by me, and I’m going to keep the 19s because I haul our kids around, my wife drives the car often and I’m expecting snow/need winter traction.
Re: Brakes, there has been zero impact to braking performance with the swap. The big Brembos work great, and I have grand touring tires (Vredestein Quatrac Pros), which are appreciably less noisy and are known for good stoppage.
I think you will have good luck with a square setup. Enjoy!

Reactions: James Ge
@James Ge I swapped to a square setup with 3rd party 19” wheels, and larger sidewall tires - so far everything’s been great.
Re: Suspension… I definitely appreciate the better cushioning the 19”s provide, especially on the crappy roads around me. As has been noted, the suspension in the Y, esp the MYP, is definitely tuned to be tighter. We have a 2020 AMG Mercedes that rides on 20” wheels and the road feel is similar. We also have a 2022 Volvo with 20” tires and wheels and air suspension which absolutely floats, even on “sport” mode, so I can tell you that if you like some road feel, prefer to feel connected to the road with steering response and the instant throttle/torque, you will greatly enjoy the Y. Yes, the 21” was “harsh” but only because of the really shitty roads by me, and I’m going to keep the 19s because I haul our kids around, my wife drives the car often and I’m expecting snow/need winter traction.
Re: Brakes, there has been zero impact to braking performance with the swap. The big Brembos work great, and I have grand touring tires (Vredestein Quatrac Pros), which are appreciably less noisy and are known for good stoppage.
I think you will have good luck with a square setup. Enjoy!
In the same boat sortof, looking to see if the 21 to 19 conversion is worth it for the MYP. My only concern is long term wear on the drivetrain since OEM is staggered 255/275 as opposed to 19 inch square, hence the rear tires width/diameter being off by 2 and 7 percent, respectively.