Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21" Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up now ... maybe they were updating the description. Forged? That explains a good part of the cost. Tire rack lists the tires at $350-375 each, so almost $1500 for the rubber. Any one find out who actually makes these (or any other wheels) for Tesla?

Well that's a surprise. Don't understand why Tesla would decide to offer a new 21" wheel style, and only available after you buy the car (it's not shown in the Design Studio).

The name "Arachnid" strikes me as odd: the wheel has five pairs of spokes, for a total of 10. All arachnids (spiders) have 8 legs.
As to the aesthetics of the wheel, not to my taste.
I think they are named because of their resemblance to spider fangs, not the number of spider legs:
575-800.jpg

And gone again!

According to the new referral program, they are now "exclusive" to that program and not available for purchase:

5 Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels in black, silver or grey, including summer performance tires and installation. These exclusive forged aluminum wheels offer improved performance and are not available for purchase.

I was told that if you order 21"s (refresh - any type MS) that you will get staggered PSSs... I liked what I heard...

What do you mean "you were told"? I think anyone ordering 21" wheels and getting a staggered setup is going to be pretty surprised. and potentially annoyed. Nowhere on the Design Studio does it say this.

And again, how does it follow that the Arachnids would be staggered?

IIRC, the description on shop.teslamotors.com stated that the package was a staggered setup with 245s and 265s. Also, I noticed the photos above in a thread on PSSs replacing PS2s from the factory and that Michelin was releasing these new sizes this summer for the aftermarket. Seems like staggered is back for the P90Ds...

I won them too. What color wheels are you going to choose ? I see we both have Midnight Silver Model S's.

I think I am going with Grey to match my Model S. I listed the wheel specs below ... does anyone know the weight?

21″ Arachnid Wheel
Size: 21X8.5″ front,21X9.0″ rear.
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Weight:
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
Price:$ 7,600.00
Details: This wheel is not available when ordering a Tesla Model S.
It can be ordered as a wheel and tire package for the price above from the Tesla store.
upload_2016-7-16_10-20-37.png

Reactions: Reekdog and rcsting