Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21" Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would help if they posted pictures of the colors. But assuming the silver and grey are similar to other S wheels, and the black are indeed all-black (and I assume glossy given the current greys are, as are the black forged Roadster wheels):

Silver is a nice contrast to dark cars, easiest to keep looking clean, and shows off the unique shape the best. It's what I'd get for my wife's Sig Red - although she has no interest in bigger wheels.
Black is a nice contrast to light cars, and the "meanest" which may be attractive to people going for aftermarket wheels. It's what I'd get for a future solid white car if I was to get an S/X for myself.
Given that I like contrast, I personally don't see myself getting grey (although it could look great with silver or midnight silver)...but then again, the two people I've heard of looking for a set both wanted grey, so I guess not everybody wants contrast.

So, that's a long way of saying I have no idea. I think I won a set too; I'm hoping Tesla will send pictures. All I've seen - or think I've seen - is silver. There's a grey set above - hmm, I guess that does look really nice with black - but it is a 'shop.

For what it's worth, I have the silver 21" turbines for summer and the dark-grey 21" turbines for winters. My car is jet black. I must say when I take off the winters I really miss them and when I put them back on in winter I enjoy the look. I thought it would be too much black to go with dark wheels on black but I prefer the look, honestly. I thought I would prefer the silver on a black car to compliment the chrome trim.

Where did you see that and how many lbs?

See my previous post ... the weight is not listed so I will weigh my set when available :cool:

I think I am going with Grey to match my Model S. I listed the wheel specs below ... does anyone know the weight?
21″ Arachnid Wheel
Size: 21X8.5″ front,21X9.0″ rear.
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
Price:$ 7,600.00

• Love
Reactions: Jeffgtx
We won a set too, but only have a Model X. Will they fit?
Might be a good compromise instead of the 22s that we pulled in favor of 20s TST Sportlines.

Yes the Arachnid wheels will fit perfectly fine on a Model X. :cool:
Here are the detailed specs on the 21" vs. 22" wheels and tires.

Model X 22″ Turbine Wheel
Size: 22x9.0″(front), 22×10.0″(rear)
Offset: +35 front, +35 rear
Lug Nut Specs: 13/16, 14X1.50
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
Tire Sizes: Front 265/35-22, Rear 285/35-22

Model S 21″ Arachnid Wheel
Size: 21X8.5″ front, 21X9.0″ rear
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
Tire Sizes: Front 245/35-21, Rear 265/35-21

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I won a set too. However in the email I got from Tesla concerning the last referral program, it only asked my what bag and the size of the jacket. It didn't mention the wheels even though I got the maximum of 5 referrals.

Did anyone get an email telling that you won the wheels and ask what color you want? If so, was it part of the survey for the bag and jacket?

I won a set too. However in the email I got from Tesla concerning the last referral program, it only asked my what bag and the size of the jacket. It didn't mention the wheels even though I got the maximum of 5 referrals.

Did anyone get an email telling that you won the wheels and ask what color you want? If so, was it part of the survey for the bag and jacket?
Yes and yes

Tesla has stated that all referrals have to confirm with a deposit in 7 days to count for the program.
Perhaps one of your referrals backed out?

No, I don't live in Las Sendas, I live near the 60 and Higley. I still haven't received a response from Tesla confirming the wheels yet, but I will keep trying.

Has anyone sold their Model S 21″ Arachnid Wheels that they won yet? If so, how much did you get for them?

Also what color do you think is most popular?

Has anyone sold their Model S 21″ Arachnid Wheels that they won yet?
If so, how much did you get for them? Also what color do you think is most popular?

The award order page stated that Tesla will ship the wheels in about 2 months ... say October :cool:

Award 3.PNG

When it says above "and all of your referrals have taken delivery", I assume that means that you won't get the wheels if someone cancels (or extends their delivery) even if you got 5 referrals before the end of the program. That doesn't seem fair because your link quit working when you get to 5 and it doesn't allow you to get any more referrals. If they would have allowed more referrals, then you could have earned the reward if you earned other ones in addition to the 5 to cover the ones that canceled.

Does that seem unfair to any of you too?