TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New 21 HRE wheels for sale - San Diego,CA

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by jjwardSD, Aug 28, 2017.

1. jjwardSD

jjwardSD Member

21 inch custom HRE Forged 303m staggered wheels + tires for sale, asking $6500. They are 10 inch wide in rear and 9 inch up front. Only had them on the car for <1500 miles and < 1 month. They are off the car now waiting to be refinished under warranty due to bumps under powder coat. They are currently at TAG Motorsports in San Diego (TAG Motorsports - Performance Auto Parts Vista, CA), located next to HRE. The wheels come with Michelin pilot super sport tires. Wheels are $1800 a piece MSRP (see invoice attached). They are the standard TAG fitment (aggressive) and does require some minor adjustment to front fender to ensure no rubbing when turning. Speaking of turning, these wheels turn heads in public. when the wheels were on the car, I got so many people pointing and talking about the look.

The color is currently gloss charcoal, but can be changed since they are being refinished under warranty. If in San Diego, I should be able to work out free (or very cheap) installation with TAG since I already paid for it.

Note the pictures below are on a car with coil suspension, resulting in a somewhat higher stance.

These wheels are load rated for D (all wheel drive).

wheels_invoice.PNG hre_wheels_tag.jpg
    tesla1.jpg tesla2.jpg

2. Triumphz28

Triumphz28 Member

Why are you selling the wheels? What specific modifications are needed to prevent rubbing? Thanks

• Love x 1
  3. jjwardSD

jjwardSD Member

I switched back to OEM because I am pushing for a buyback of the car and due to the need to redo the HRE wheels. I love the wheels a lot, one of my favorite things about the car when they were on. The OEM 19s are just plain ugly in comparison and handle far worse. The handling with the 10s on the back is amazing. With that, I have coil suspension and the 21s create a much firmer ride. With so many unknowns with the future of my car, the fact I have coil suspension, and the fact that the wheels have to be refinished I thought I would attempt to sell them. If not I will keep them.

The mod is simply to push in the plastic fender liner in a bit. They use a heatgun and slowly adjust it. TAG has literally done hundreds of Teslas with the same fitment (not all HREs). I had a loaner that had stock 21s and they rubbed up front as well, so even OEM wheels are tight.

Note that HRE is top notch when it comes to handling their wheels. Refinishing is down to the metal and starting over. They replace what they can't refinish perfectly. TAG was shocked that mine made it out of their QC because they are known for perfection when it comes to wheels.

4. jjwardSD

jjwardSD Member

Link to the wheels online. Note the price shown is for 17 inch. Classic Series - 303M

Lifetime Limited Structural Warranty and 2 Year Finish Warranty
    Monoblok 1-Piece
    Classic 13 spoke with High, Medium and Low face profiles (these have medium profile)
    Aerospace-grade 6061-T6 forged aluminum for high strength-to-weight ratio
    ARP high strength stainless-steel fasteners. Ti hardware optional
    Backpad pocketing is standard to minimize unsprung mass and rotational inertia for maximum performance and handling
    CNC machined to custom specifications for your specific application
    OE TPMS and lug hardware compatible for ease of installation