Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 22" Onyx Black Wheel-Tire Set From Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
SOLD - 05/04/21.

I finally received my new 2021 inventory Model X outfitted with the 22-inch "Onyx Black" wheel-tire set (i.e., 22" Turbine Wheels and Pirelli Scorpion tires) at Rocklin, California, Tesla Service Center. The car had 15 miles on the odometer and (on delivery day) I drove another 15 miles to America's Tire (Rocklin) to have the 22-inch set replaced with 20-inch stock Tesla wheels/tires.

This new 22" set is now available for immediate sale. $3400. If interested, please private message (PM) me to discuss.

The set naturally comes complete with four new wheels, new tires, new 2021 TPMS sensors, dark lug nut covers, and the dark center caps.

The four car images below are from the Tesla Inventory site that describes the wheels as "22" Onyx Black Wheels." The two wheel images and the description are from the Tesla Model X Shop site selling the 22" Turbine wheel-tire set.

Tesla 22 Model X Wheels - 1 Tesla 22 Model X Wheels - 2 Tesla 22 Model X Wheels - 3 Tesla 22 Model X Wheels - 4

Tesla 22 Model X Wheel - Shop Site - 1 Tesla 22 Model X Wheel - Shop Site - 2 Tesla 22 Model X Wheel - Shop Site Description

Last edited:
Tesla has recently announced new wheel selections for new Model X. Perhaps your car will come with different wheels than what your originally ordered.

Thanks. Yes I saw that. But, no, I don't think so. It was an already-built 2021 inventory car located at another Tesla lot being shipped to us here. The choices were limited and I went for the (ext/int) colors I wanted, thinking that I could change the wheels, (I am too boring for cool 22" wheels. Ha, ha.) BTW, as a potential future X owner, I've enjoyed your posts.

I have to say, I find it curious that Tesla would describe the wheels one way on the inventory pages, but another way on the Shop site pages. So are they the same? <I now believe so. See Post #1, above.> I won't know until I see the car and its tires. Sorry I am not knowledgeable about Tesla wheels/tires.

Last edited:
How much are you asking?

Thanks for asking. I am unable to commit to anything yet because:
  1. I have not seen the car yet. It is a "new" inventory car and being shipped by Tesla from out-of-state. I want to make sure that (a) it actually has the 22" dark Turbine wheels and (I assume Pirelli) tires, and (b) I actually accept the car as delivered and purchase it. I anticipate a likely "yes" to both, but best to make sure.
  2. I do have an initial interested buyer--actually someone who woulkd trade an in-new-condition set of stock 20" Slipstream wheels & low-mileage Continental tires for the new 22" set (with some cash involved).
I posted this (in late January) to gauge interest and line up a potential buyer for the 22" wheel-set, which I want to change out quickly (before I put much mileage on it).

Would you like to be contacted about the status when the car is scheduled by Tesla for final delivery? Anything is possible, and the first buyer may change his mind or find another set somewhere closer.

By the way, I was buying some parts from another TMC member today and I got to see close up his blue Model X with dark 22" Turbine wheels and Pirelli tires. Stunning. Makes me almost want to re-think my plans.

Depending on the price I'm interested (and maybe local to you as well since Rocklin is my service center).
Thanks for asking. I am unable to commit to anything yet because:
  1. I have not seen the car yet. It is a "new" inventory car and being shipped by Tesla from out-of-state. I want to make sure that (a) it actually has the 22" dark Turbine wheels and (I assume Pirelli) tires, and (b) I actually accept the car as delivered and purchase it. I anticipate a likely "yes" to both, but best to make sure.
  2. I do have an initial interested buyer--actually someone who woulkd trade an in-new-condition set of stock 20" Slipstream wheels & low-mileage Continental tires for the new 22" set (with some cash involved).
I posted this (in late January) to gauge interest and line up a potential buyer for the 22" wheel-set, which I want to change out quickly (before I put much mileage on it).

Would you like to be contacted about the status when the car is scheduled by Tesla for final delivery? Anything is possible, and the first buyer may change his mind or find another set somewhere closer.

By the way, I was buying some parts from another TMC member today and I got to see close up his blue Model X with dark 22" Turbine wheels and Pirelli tires. Stunning. Makes me almost want to re-think my plans.

Did you ever sell or trade? I am picking up my pre refresh Model X this weekend with 20” slipstreams and would be interested in swapping

I received a new 2021 inventory Model X outfitted with the 22-inch "Onyx Black" wheel-tire set (i.e., 22" Turbine Wheels and Pirelli Scorpion tires) at Rocklin, California, Tesla Service Center. The car had 15 miles on the odometer. I immediately drove it another 15 miles to America's Tire (Rocklin) to have the 22-inch set replaced with 20-inch stock Tesla wheels/tires.

This 22" set is available for immediate sale. If you are interested, please private message (PM) me to discuss.

This 22" wheel-set naturally comes complete with four new wheels, new tires, new 2021 TPMS sensors, dark lug nut covers, and dark center caps.

It seems like it took forever to receive my 2021 Model X, but it finally made its way here, to northern California, from Honolulu. (Dammit. My car has been to Hawaii and I haven't!)

A long-distance commitment to trade my 22-inch wheel-set for new 20-inch wheels (+cash) finally ended wisely and amicably, so these new 22-inch wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, center caps and lug-nut covers are finally and truly available. (Sorry for the delay, but a promise is a promise.)

I am primarily interested in selling these (beautiful) wheels outright (before I become tempted to re-install them), but I might consider really good trades.

If interested, please private-message me.

It seems like it took forever to receive my 2021 Model X, but it finally made its way here, to northern California, from Honolulu. (Dammit. My car has been to Hawaii and I haven't!)

A long-distance commitment to trade my 22-inch wheel-set for new 20-inch wheels (+cash) finally ended wisely and amicably, so these new 22-inch wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, center caps and lug-nut covers are finally and truly available. (Sorry for the delay, but a promise is a promise.)

I am primarily interested in selling these (beautiful) wheels outright (before I become tempted to re-install them), but I might consider really good trades.

If interested, please private-message me.
I finally received my new 2021 inventory Model X outfitted with the 22-inch "Onyx Black" wheel-tire set (i.e., 22" Turbine Wheels and Pirelli Scorpion tires) at Rocklin, California, Tesla Service Center. The car had 15 miles on the odometer and (on delivery day) I drove another 15 miles to America's Tire (Rocklin) to have the 22-inch set replaced with 20-inch stock Tesla wheels/tires.

This new 22" set is now available for immediate sale. $3400. If interested, please private message (PM) me to discuss.

The set naturally comes complete with four new wheels, new tires, new 2021 TPMS sensors, dark lug nut covers, and the dark center caps.

The four car images below are from the Tesla Inventory site that describes the wheels as "22" Onyx Black Wheels." The two wheel images and the description are from the Tesla Model X Shop site selling the 22" Turbine wheel-tire set.

Interested and live in Sac. can you let me know how much you are listing these to sell for?