Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New .25 tacc hw2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got my update yesterday on my new model S.

Great to have slight increase speed but I now notice the tacc (when used locally) seems to stop a tad later then before. Makes for more abrupt stops. Mildly uncomfortable.

Love tacc - my only issue is that it slows too fast and long when car in front of me turns. My buddy has an ap1 car that also does this. Bummer.

I found TACC to be smoother in this release and it seems like it's using regenerative braking more often than before.
Now, this brings us to the often discussed need for complete and detailed release notes... So we can stop guessing what has been improved or not. I understand the need for easy to read and simple note in the car, but the nerds among us would probably love to have a more complete version online.

I have my setting at 7 simply because it mimics my own driving style and provides me with the safety zone I desire. Now, as for tacc, I am not getting that feel good feeling I had with the previous version. Too many late slowings and forced hard breaking. Also, it seems like it is late in sensing cars it is coming up on. At least what it is indicating on the IC.

. When I drive myself, I am usually at 1 or less (if you are not going fast enough).

Argh. You 1's drive me nuts! You know you are only saving 2 seconds for the entire trip right? It doesn't add up the longer you drive. You will get to your destination exactly 2 second later with proper following distance. And those 2 seconds might save you when my Tesla AP2 decides to suddenly slam on the brakes for no reason at 75mph in TACC!

Argh. You 1's drive me nuts! You know you are only saving 2 seconds for the entire trip right? It doesn't add up the longer you drive. You will get to your destination exactly 2 second later with proper following distance. And those 2 seconds might save you when my Tesla AP2 decides to suddenly slam on the brakes for no reason at 75mph in TACC!

You are not counting the 100 people who consider the space in front of you theirs, or the railroad crossing you had to wait at because of the delay they caused, or the rain storm you didn't beat home because of that, which caused an accident you now have to wait to clear. There goes an hour! With what some people on here apparently make, that 1 setting over a year could pay for a new Tesla!

Kidding aside, you are right. But really, setting 1 doesn't follow THAT close, far from unsafe in most conditions, and some of us just hate people who cut in for no reason. Blocking out idiots is worth the tiny increase in risk to make it where we're going on time. Once full autonomy goes mainstream, maybe we can all use setting 7 without selfish drivers cutting us off constantly. I switch frequently between 1-7 based on location and traffic conditions, with 3&4 offering a good compromise in many situations.

I was basically kidding around. And I wasn't talking about TACC's true 1 setting. I thought justg0 was joking that he drives "manually" at 1 or less. In other words, tail gates excessively. Drives me nuts when people are 3 feet back from my bumper at 75 mph. Especially with a ton of cars directly in front of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: livingthedream
Yeah, joking mostly except if someone decides to drive speed limit or less on the left lane. That drives me nuts. And even more so if you cut me off and then decide to go slower than I was. Then you lose the right to complain about tailgating!

Yeah, joking mostly except if someone decides to drive speed limit or less on the left lane. That drives me nuts. And even more so if you cut me off and then decide to go slower than I was. Then you lose the right to complain about tailgating!

Don't even get me started about the left lane here in CA. It's now apparently the "hang out" lane instead of the "fast lane." I watch cars cross five lanes with no one in front of them to get to the left lane.

Can't wait for level 5. I'll be reading and they can have it.