Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 3 owner in Sac.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Placed my order on 12/8 and was lucky enough to get my hands on SR+ on 12/31 in rocklin. Have put on 700+ miles so far and definitely a different animal than ICE vehicles. I went on a trip to the Bay Area and did not worry about range at all since it was only using less than half of my 250 miles. Supercharged 120 miles in 30 mins or so.

The trip was stress free due to autopilot. I think It might get me in trouble as I’ll start getting lazy on the road and let autopilot do its thing, so I’ll definitely need to pay more attention and not be one of the bad statistics.

Anyways, enjoyed coming on the forum and definitely learned some tips and tricks on the car. Looking forward for the next 10 years or so in this car.

Thanks! Enjoying the ride so far. Got some accessories like mats and wheel caps. Ordered homelink on 1/3/20 but haven’t gotten a call for installation yet. Are they that busy?

I'm most likely the exception here, but I personally have not had a good experience with the Rocklin SC.

They told me they would contact me when the rear spoilers were in. After waiting for about 7 months and reading other posts on people dropping in and getting the spoilers, I finally called them. Was told they were in stock, there was never a call list and they don't call customers for this.

Had to take my car in because the steering wheel was off center. Rocklin SC curbed my front left wheel or damaged it during the alignment procedure. I'm hesitant to take my car there and have thought of going to a different SC for my HW3 upgrade, even though it means driving a different city.

Good Luck and hope your Homelink installation goes well !!

I'm most likely the exception here, but I personally have not had a good experience with the Rocklin SC.

They told me they would contact me when the rear spoilers were in. After waiting for about 7 months and reading other posts on people dropping in and getting the spoilers, I finally called them. Was told they were in stock, there was never a call list and they don't call customers for this.

Had to take my car in because the steering wheel was off center. Rocklin SC curbed my front left wheel or damaged it during the alignment procedure. I'm hesitant to take my car there and have thought of going to a different SC for my HW3 upgrade, even though it means driving a different city.

Good Luck and hope your Homelink installation goes well !!
Not on the service side (fortunately no reason to go there...yet), but I didn’t have the greatest experience with the sales side of the Rocklin location.

My delivery date was set for 5:30p on a Friday and I drove from about an hour away through typical [crappy] afternoon traffic. When I arrived and checked in with the front desk, an associate came out to meet me to say the car was not there and no ETA on the car’s arrival. Wife was about to blow a gasket. Admittedly, I probably should have called ahead. However, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a call when a date/time is scheduled by Tesla and they can’t make that date.

Lesson learned; moving forward.

Family decides to go to dinner in Rocklin and wait for traffic to die down. At ~7:00p, just as we’re finishing up with dinner I receive a text...

FB170B1D-7F12-4CAC-83A7-709414F0FBC4.jpeg

As I’m driving back to Tesla, I receive a call from Anjeleah. She basically said ‘oops, wrong Derek.’ This other Derek didn’t order a blue Performance, otherwise I would have taken his car! LOL (It was a black LR)

Fast forward a couple hours...I’m at home...happen to look at my Tesla account (Every hour or so when you’re getting close to delivery day....we all do it...don’t judge me! :oops: LOL) and noticed a new delivery date/time; Sunday morning. I text Anjeleah and Tesla corporate (number that texted me the original delivery date) considering the failed delivery attempt, I would appreciate if it were scheduled on Saturday. Saturday morning received a call....new schedule made for Saturday afternoon. Cool.

I call about an hour before the delivery date (remember, lesson learned) to verify the car is there. Fortunately, the associate that told me the car wasn’t there picked up the phone and I didn’t have to explain why I was calling before arriving. Car is there; ball is rolling.

Arrive at Tesla, check in with the front desk, and now waiting for the associate. In the mean time, I’m looking out the side of the building, past the shaded area where they do deliveries, and I see a blue Performance. So I stroll out to the car and check the VIN; it’s mine! Looking over the car, the only thing I see is a plastic piece under the car hanging low; it was missing a clip. Maybe I was being a little impatient because of the delays, but the associate was moving the car...really...slowly to the service area. Not the ‘I’m being careful with a customer’s new car slow’ which is understandable. More of a ‘I’m not sure what I’m doing’ kind of slow. After the clip was installed, same thing with getting it out of the service area: slooooow. Had to suggest where to park just to get things moving.

What I didn’t mention earlier is that before moving the car, he was looking for the card keys; couldn’t find them. So after installing the clip and pulling the car out of the service area, the car was pulled back (slowly again) in to the service area for a new set of card keys. After the new card keys were programmed and the car was pulled out of the service area, another guy comes by with a stack of new card card keys (another sign to me the site was significantly disorganized) to try them out on my card.

Long story short, they can be a lot better organized.

Not on the service side (fortunately no reason to go there...yet), but I didn’t have the greatest experience with the sales side of the Rocklin location.

I actually did not have a great delivery experience at Rocklin either. Delivery person met all my quality concerns with "It's within spec" even for a frunk mis-alignment that Kniesel's Collision (Tesla approved body shop) said was clearly not installed correctly. Seriously thought of cutting my losses with the car and selling it for something else. Still have the car and if I ever get another Tesla, it will not be at Rocklin.

Glad to hear you eventually got your car !!

I actually did not have a great delivery experience at Rocklin either. Delivery person met all my quality concerns with "It's within spec" even for a frunk mis-alignment that Kniesel's Collision (Tesla approved body shop) said was clearly not installed correctly. Seriously thought of cutting my losses with the car and selling it for something else. Still have the car and if I ever get another Tesla, it will not be at Rocklin.
When ordering the 3, I was considering picking up in Fremont. Kill two birds with one stone; pick up the car and maybe get a tour. :shrug: A Cybertruck is a possibility; depends on the condition of our Expedition when it comes out. Plus, I really miss having a pickup truck. If that trigger gets pulled, delivery will definitely be at Fremont.

Glad to hear you eventually got your car !!
Thanks!