Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 3 owner outside Auburn CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am a proud new owner of a 3 Dual Motor. The car is a perfect balance for me against pothole country roads and a 45 minute commute to Rocklin CA.

I am a currently a principal automation engineer for a major retailer. Looking forward to learning and sharing in this community!

Day1:

377F41F9-994A-4178-96C3-3B93E6CE0CD7.jpeg

Welcome to the club.

Suggestions:
  • Don't worry about the range for a month (except to keep the car full)
  • Software updates will come when they want to (not when you want them) as long as you are connected to Wi-Fi
  • Leave the car performance in default settings for a few weeks
  • Charge at home, at least plug into 120V, which may be sufficient for you.
  • Enjoy the car
  • Drive the car. Take a trip, maybe to Reno and back. Try without charging along the way.

Truckee M3 (P3-) and MX owner - drive through Auburn every week going up and down to Truckee from the valley and use the Rocklin Supercharger once a week heading up. Note love my M3 in the snow but only with snow tires - stock or performance tires don't like snow and ice even with Dual Motor

Welcome! I’m a Model S owner from Rocklin and grew up in Meadow Vista. It’s nice you work in Rocklin and will have easy access to the Service Center if needed. Rocklin SC has been pretty good in my expereince.

Thanks for the kind words and advise! I opted for Tesla insurance btw. It was $30 a month cheaper than State Farm!

Yes Ive been using the supercharger quite a bit at lunch. They know me by name at Jersey Mikes by now. Not a bad sub.

At quitting time when HWY80 traffic is particularly slow, the nav treats me to some back road HWY 193 recommendations that Ive been enjoying quite a bit.

No complaints with the car. @1000 miles Im in the market for some weather tech mats, nose protection, and windshield chip repair :(.