Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New .36 is interesting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first received it 2 days ago I was very disappointed. It did not do much of what it was supposed to do. But yesterday, it began to see speed limit signs and even slowed my M3 LRDM w/3 down once. Today it started dinging when a stop light turned green. I do not understand how these are being added over time but I will say I am now impressed with the upgrade.

Does the chime for green lights work for everyone or only if you have FSD?
Sorry can't answer that but my guess is no and only FSD. Have FSD but don't have 36.x yet. Just saw a couple of Youtube videos on 36 and they were caught off guard that they didn't work but started working after driving a few miles and allowing to calibrate.

I have FSD and I had to toggle the switch under Autopilot to chime. It chimes sometimes and not all the time, especially if you are on the left turn lane waiting for signal to change green while the other lanes are already green, there is no chime. I thought this would work, and I got honked at this evening on my way to get tacos. Also, the AP on this update is bad, it swerves wildly when you are at an intersection with no lane markings, also if a car sort of cuts you off turning left in front of you.. the car will break hard *after* that car has already turned left and crossed the intersection. The delay is such that you might potentially get rear ended rather ran get hit by the turning car. I wonder if they even tested this release all that well, this release has all sorts of issues.

and even slowed my M3 LRDM w/3 down once.

Did it slow down only because it doesn't allow you to be more than 5 MPH over the limit, or did it slow down to your specified speed limit offset? For example, I have an offset of +2 MPH (e.g. 57 MPH when the limit is 55 MPH). When I go from a 65 MPH to a 55 MPH zone, it only slows to 60 MPH, saying something like (Autosteer limited to 60 MPH).

Concerning this change:

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.05.42 AM.jpg

I tried this yesterday, but there was no change unless I tapped the "speed limit sign." Does "cluster speedometer" refer to the speed shown here by the red arrow (generic photo from web)?

Display.jpg

As others have noted, my new features were not immediately active. They have become so as I have driven the car locally. The green light chime, and according to notes, works only when TACC and AP are disengaged so I suspect FSD is not required for this function. I have not, so far, been able to activate cruise by touching speed limit sign. Maybe I am missing something there. Altogether another step forward. Anybody know how full rewrite will affect what we already have?

Two days ago we received download 2020.32.3 that included a neat back-up feature. When the car is shifted into reverse, there are now 3 back-up screens to watch. Besides the center camera just above the license plate, the two side cameras now display on the screen. No need to use the side mirrors tilt-down function any longer.

Attachments

• IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and Ormond
Two days ago we received download 2020.32.3 that included a neat back-up feature. When the car is shifted into reverse, there are now 3 back-up screens to watch. Besides the center camera just above the license plate, the two side cameras now display on the screen. No need to use the side mirrors tilt-down function any longer.
Welcome to June.;)

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 1.02.05 PM.png

I do have a question about when the car reads a speed limit sign. Why does the speed get set to 5 mph over the speed limit? I have my autopilot set to only 2 mph above the speed limit but when it reads a sign it sets the speed to 5mph over. Does anyone know how to set it for less. Even when I did manually set it back at the next sign it went back to 5 . If there are no signs after I set autopilot on it does do only 2 over