Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 3D with 2018.32.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Just picked up our new 3 Dual Motor we ordered after the ‘order now or lose your Tax Credit’ scare of October 13 (ordered on 10/14, car arrived 10/23 lol!).

It has 2018.32.7 software. WTF? I expected 39 something at the least, not some version of 8.1 from August. Anyone else seeing deliveries with months old versions?

It’s on WiFi next to its cousin Model X that has 39.6. Hope we all get the newer v9 versions with the new nav soon!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Just picked up our new 3 Dual Motor we ordered after the ‘order now or lose your Tax Credit’ scare of October 13 (ordered on 10/14, car arrived 10/23 lol!).

It has 2018.32.7 software. WTF? I expected 39 something at the least, not some version of 8.1 from August. Anyone else seeing deliveries with months old versions?

It’s on WiFi next to its cousin Model X that has 39.6. Hope we all get the newer v9 versions with the new nav soon!
I took delivery today and had the same version. It showed that there was a update available. I came home and initiated the update and it updated to latest version 9.

Reactions: Nine2Five
I took delivery today and had the same version. It showed that there was a update available. I came home and initiated the update and it updated to latest version 9.
Glad to hear! Haven’t gotten an updatr yet, so will be patient for a few more seconds. :D

Might try a reboot for the heck of it (has never worked on my X but whatever...)

Can’t believe they are installing 32 on cars made in October!

Tesla may have assembled the vehicle in October, but the computer hardware in the vehicle was almost certainly built before then. Once the car is assembled, the only way to quickly update the software is via WiFi, and, generally, a car is not connected to a WiFi network until post-delivery.

Last edited:
Tesla may have assembled the vehicle in October, but the computer hardware in the vehicle was almost certainly built before then. Once the car is assembled, the only way to quickly update the software is via WiFi, and, generally, a car is not connected to a WiFi network until post-delivery.
Right, I was wondering if ‘old’ hardware was the case. You’d still think they’d push a semi-current version at the SC as part of the prep, as they did with my X. Don’t even need to load it, just tell it to download it.

We’ll see how long it takes to get 39-something!

I picked my RWD up last Saturday - 10/27. Came with 2018.32.7. Built it October. Still haven't received an update notification. It's also connected to wifi, but the wifi signal strength is ~50%. Do you think signal strength matters? I get around 5% packet loss.

I'm trying not to buy a wifi extender just to get better signal to the car, but if that gets me to v9, then maybe it's worth it??

Waiting for v9 feels worse than waiting for the actual car to show up. At least I had a delivery date to look forward to.

I picked my RWD up last Saturday - 10/27. Came with 2018.32.7. Built it October. Still haven't received an update notification. It's also connected to wifi, but the wifi signal strength is ~50%. Do you think signal strength matters? I get around 5% packet loss.

I'm trying not to buy a wifi extender just to get better signal to the car, but if that gets me to v9, then maybe it's worth it??

Waiting for v9 feels worse than waiting for the actual car to show up. At least I had a delivery date to look forward to.
Same 2018.32.7 built-in my 3 built in October. Just be patient and wait. Schedule the update, do not click "x" to close the window else get skipped. The 39.xx has a problem with rear vent outputting heat while the front has cool air. It is fixed in 40.xx. (Verified this with the Fremont SC.) Waiting for this update.