TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New 3P 0-60 video - sub 3.5s

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by spesler, Jul 30, 2018.

1. spesler

spesler Member

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. thewishmaster

thewishmaster Member

Even with 2 extra people ... not bad at all

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

:eek:Doesn’t show what device he is measuring with so I don’t know about his numbers ​

• Like x 5
  4. WallyP

WallyP Member

Porsche 911 GT2 RS has similar acceleration and handling. You'd be lucky to find one for $550,000.

• Like x 3
  5. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Yeah I think this one is more of a casual test run. They said they'll use instrument/app to measure the time next time. Video editing software isn't the most accurate way to time your tests lol.

Still a fun lil video.

• Like x 2
  6. cbutters

cbutters Member

3.15 second 0-60 :eek:

7. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

I wouldn't get too hung up on the 3.15 figure as we don't know how they measured. That being said, I think the main take away is that there's a high chance that it pulled a sub 3.5 sec time with 3 people in the car.

• Like x 2
  8. FlyNavy01

FlyNavy01 Member

GT2RS does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and MSRP is $293,000. The 4100lb Model 3 won't come within a mile of it in terms of handling. And I say this as a P3D owner. Sorry, but that's just an absurd comparison.

• Like x 5
  9. ba2002

ba2002 Member

I suppose if whatever they were measuring with makes an adjustment for rollout, they were high SOC, had sticky tires and maybe a little downhill it could be real, but I'm skeptical given that Elon tweeted you "might" get to 3.3 with all of the above (although maybe he meant 3.3 w/o rollout, not clear).

10. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

They appear to be measuring with the timer on the video and when the dash shows 60.

So basically only slightly more accurate than counting missippis

• Funny x 4
  11. SigNC

SigNC Member

is that black or obsidian black?

12. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

If someone in Sorrento Valley San Diego wants to do a 0-60 run I've got a VBOX Sport Performance Meter and there's a pretty good flat section on Sorrento Valley Rd. next to the the train tracks to do a run.

• Like x 1
  13. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

I guess you are looking to compare apples to apples you can refer to this video of a base P3D using the speedo to time 0-60

14. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

y-u-no-believe-my-butt-dyno.jpg

• Funny x 5
  15. forkee

forkee Member

You guys can just add 0-60 runs to my post. No need to make more. I created it so everyone can add their results/findings not just mine.

I do agree though that verified 0-60 times with something better than a stopwatch or video timer should be held in higher regard. These reaction videos seem to be made solely for popularity "likes" rather than be informative. I usually am cautious with videos that start off with, "hey guys...", and include "thanks for liking my video", "make sure to subscribe", "dont forget to thumbs up", etc...

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  16. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Interested once mine comes in. Would be interesting to compare with the stock 20s and aftermarket 19s on PSS. I'm guesstimating that I should have mine within the next 2 weeks, since I was informed that my car arrived in SD yesterday, and was told to have all ducks in a row.

17. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

If it's already in town I would guess that you'll be getting it very soon! Let me know. A few people in my office have LRs. Maybe I'll get one of them to do a reference run.

18. gilscales

gilscales Member

Have you mounted your wheels? anxious to see pics

19. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Fingers crossed!

That would be great. We should see about doing the LR and P3 on the same day, and then follow it another day when I put the 19s on.

20. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

I'd be more interested in 60-foot times, js.

• Like x 1