Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 3P 0-60 video - sub 3.5s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's already in town I would guess that you'll be getting it very soon! Let me know. A few people in my office have LRs. Maybe I'll get one of them to do a reference run.

@SD_Engnr .... @Daniel in SD let me know when u guys will meet in sorrento I will bring my Dragy out always interested in how calibrates against Vbox ....plus I want to do few runs too.. ;) ... @JohnC come out as well:eek:

Reactions: JohnC
You guys can just add 0-60 runs to my post. No need to make more. I created it so everyone can add their results/findings not just mine.

I do agree though that verified 0-60 times with something better than a stopwatch or video timer should be held in higher regard. These reaction videos seem to be made solely for popularity "likes" rather than be informative. I usually am cautious with videos that start off with, "hey guys...", and include "thanks for liking my video", "make sure to subscribe", "dont forget to thumbs up", etc...

Agree. Love seeing the facts and professionals that drive numerous other performance vehicles along with dyno test's to back it up. Drag times is fantastic at delivering those results. Great reviews along with real live comparison on and off the street.

I want to see drag comparisons along with on Track review. Because that's the claim. This new model 3 isn't the typical 0-60 tesla. This cars supposedly track worthy. Let's just hope the battery doesn't heat up and die after one lap.

Have you mounted your wheels? anxious to see pics
Me too! The car was delivered to my home in Oregon just yesterday and I still haven't even seen it in person yet. It's killing me, but it's being shipped to me in FL tomorrow and should arrive in 7-10days. Mounting the wheels first thing and will post pics as soon as I do. It's white/white so the carbon graphite wheels should give it a nice stormtrooper vibe.

Being in the video business I can tell you that counting video frames can be very accurate as long as the display being recorded does not have any noticeable lag time.There are either 30 or 60 frames per second on most recorders. Slo mo is often 120 or 240 frames per second.

Being in the video business I can tell you that counting video frames can be very accurate as long as the display being recorded does not have any noticeable lag time.There are either 30 or 60 frames per second on most recorders. Slo mo is often 120 or 240 frames per second.
The problem isn't the video, it's the speedometer. Every car I've ever owned has had a speedometer that reads high.
Another possible issue is the slope of the road.

If anyone wants to try counting frames, I uploaded a goofy little video -- complete with my cheesy nod to Back to the Future, seeing as how I'm a former DeLorean owner :D -- of my P3D+ launching on delivery day. SOC was about 80% and there were three adults and one child in the car:

[EDIT: After looking at this again, I'm realizing that I seemed to back off a bit before 60, so...if you're trying to count frames to gauge 0-60 times with a carload of people...this might not be the best run to work with. Still, I hope you enjoy!]

Last edited: