Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New: 3rd row seats now 'standard' (9/16)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day and more news. It appears from the design studio that 3rd row seats are now standard:
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 8.40.12 AM.png

well that's great news (I guess). I thought 3rd row seats were always supposed to be standard in the first place. i'd be PO'd if they weren't and they'd make me pony up even more money for it.

I'll be PO'd if I have to pay for them and store them when I don't want them. Even more so if they are not removable.

We all have to make some compromises.

"Free LONG distance travel with SuperChargers"

Finally! I wish they had that language from day one. Saved us all here in this forum a ton of grief

They have been using it since day one, and ever since.

But let's not rehash that subject here please.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed the new renderings of the storage space show gray seats? Do we have an option of gray leather seats again in the design studio?

Nope. At least not yet.
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 10.49.11 AM.png

The changing Signature Design Studio just confirms my original belief that the main reason why the Design Studio was delayed and now not open to everyone is because they still haven't nailed down the specification. They're still figuring all this stuff out.

Also note that it says "Full size rear cargo storage for bikes a gear". Strange and somewhat ambiguous wording. Are they trying to suggest that space isn't compromised by the design of the 2nd row seats?

Back on topic, I'm not sure how I feel on 3rd row being standard vs an option. Perhaps it should be considered a standard feature, but then provide a 3rd row delete option that drops the price. In the end, I'm not sure it really changes much, but maybe that would be a more universally acceptable way to present it.