Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 40.50 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hooray for voice controlled temperature settings. Wonder if it works for the recirculate button that often doesn't stay on after parking.

this one is one is kinda odd to me. I can roll the same scroll wheel and set the temperature much quicker than using a click and waiting on the voice command dialogue to change it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just one car. Probably an early access car that really isn't supposed to be on TeslaFI. Not sure if that's the version they're planning to give us or if it'll be a later build, but that has to be a trial version for the holiday release we've been teased with in some fashion.

kinda odd that you feel unsafe making two clicks. Never seemed / seems a bit unsafe to me. But to each his own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless of how it seems to you, taking your eyes off the road and hand off the wheel - no matter how brief - is a distraction from driving and has obvious and objectively measurable effects on safety.

Of course, nobody is suggesting you have to change anything or use the new features. I'm merely pointing out that to suggest it's "quicker" to go mash the screen is to miss the point.

Reactions: E Dizzle
Regardless of how it seems to you, taking your eyes off the road and hand off the wheel - no matter how brief - is a distraction from driving and has obvious and objectively measurable effects on safety.

Of course, nobody is suggesting you have to change anything or use the new features. I'm merely pointing out that to suggest it's "quicker" to go mash the screen is to miss the point.
Some people will be more distracted by pressing steering wheel buttons and making verbal commands hoping they work than simply pressing two buttons on the MCU. It’s far less distracting than using streaming music buttons to find a selection / genre / type of music to listen to. But I’m guessing you don’t do that either? Lol

Last edited: