Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 40.50 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this one is one is kinda odd to me. I can roll the same scroll wheel and set the temperature much quicker than using a click and waiting on the voice command dialogue to change it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There really are people who don't want to use the touchscreen while driving.

Changing the temperature currently requires you to touch the touchscreen. With this new release, you'll be able to change the temperature and set front seat heaters without interaction with the touch screen.

I can turn off the fan, or climate, by a click of the right scroll wheel, and then on again, as well as set it to auto.
I think you have to have to your dash set to that. If you have mcu2 the voice command is very quick. Doesnt make much sense for mcu1 since its so slow and buggy
Correct..and I have MCU1. But if you are having a conversation or listening to music, the scroll wheels work.

Reactions: Potpourri
Yup wheels work fine for me. Voice command doesn't. I only use it for music search but it takes too long to respond

really? You can tap song searches on the touchscreen while driving more quickly? I didn’t think I missed song search by voice when we got Spotify which disabled it but since Tesla brought it back I use it every time I drive. Works fabulously and definitely more quickly ( and safely) than tapping, for me at least.

Reactions: croman
Not true. Just the roll of a wheel is all it takes. No touch screen presses necessary!!!

I have that set. Works great for HVAC except when I keep accidentally turning on the HVAC when brushing it while turning. Any slight up or down not only changes hvac temp it also turns it on if it was off.

Options are good. No need to crow about which is best since none take away from the other.

Reactions: aerodyne and Ken7
I have that set. Works great for HVAC except when I keep accidentally turning on the HVAC when brushing it while turning. Any slight up or down not only changes hvac temp it also turns it on if it was off.

Options are good. No need to crow about which is best since none take away from the other.
Just replying to the guy that said you HAVE to touch the MCU to adjust the temperature. You don’t...that’s all

Assuming the two new games, fsd preview is mcu2 only since they haven't upgraded mcu1 owners yet, also wouldn't shock be at all if the text to voice feature is mcu2 only

The games are likely to be MCU2, but it's unlikely that the MCU will matter for the FSD preview - that's entirely based on the AP computer not the MCU, and I don't see why the MCU would matter for it.

Admittedly, the timeline means that newer AP hardware is paired with newer MCUs, but when Tesla upgrades the AP computer as promised in the MCU1 cars, I'm not expecting them to also upgrade the MCU.

just saying that it is not unsafe to press two buttons when you know right where they are....maybe some want preferences and that’s fine but it is certainly not a “safety issue”. Then “heaven forbid” someone says my seat it too hot could you lower it one or two settings. Smh smh smh

Would you consider it a safety issue if a vehicle were traveling unattended for 100 feet on a freeway?

Well, if this update was suppose to be the mother of updates, it is not. Yes, it recognizes stop signs and stop lights, but doesn't stop. It recognized a couple of trash cans sitting on the opposite side of the road and went into a full brake? In a three way intersection; left lane turns, center lane goes straight and right lane is a turn right, I needed to turn left and it stays in the center lane. And more damn games, I paid for FSD, not games. When will Tesla understand that games don't help me drive, get to work on making the car FSD. Very disappointed. Previous post make that 40.50.1

Last edited: