Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 40.50 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how do you control climate from the scroll wheel in Model 3?
I was wrong. Got out to my car and tried what I thought was the way to control the climate from the scroll wheel (after reading posts on here), and it didn't work. I didn't realize this was a thread just for Model Ss (was just looking for a thread on the new software update and found this through the search). My bad! I'll see myself out. :)

And not even SMS reading or Camp mode...
where did you see that? i got an email to my tesla app, and seemed like a lot of MCU1/AP1 did (while newer cars didn't i thought). it only mentioned voice commands and text messages.

Screenshot_20200102-060736_Tesla.jpg

all i really want is text messages.. after that they can cut me off and i won't mind

Same here. The text messaging is a welcome change even with the games and new visualizations. I see many many cars with the very latest 40.50.x loads with varying AP versions. But can’t see the MCU version.
my guess is it isn’t being sent to MCU1 cars. At least not yet. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of an MCU1 can with it yet?

I skimmed through these pages quickly but didn’t see that, sorry if I missed it somewhere.

no mcu1s yet. which , actually is positive IMO.. they could have released 50.x with features disabled already. the fact that its held back might be because they are actually getting it to work. maybe doing some other MCU1 cleanup as well (logging, browser, etc) ? hopeful thinking i know

Reactions: quickstrike12
I see many many cars with the very latest 40.50.x loads with varying AP versions.

Don't fully trust Teslafi's breakdown because the selection of the AP hardware is performed by the user, which in several cases doesn't know anything about which version is installed in their car. For instance I see a lot of Model 3s with hardware 2 or Pre-Autopilot, which is impossible.
Only few AP2.0 or AP1 seem to have gotten the upgrade, but I actually think none of them really is AP2.0 or AP1.

By only trusting big numbers, I see about 86% of AP2.5 who got the 40.50.x upgrade which lets me think that only AP2.5+ get it, since (if I'm not wrong) a slice larger than AP2.5's 14% has MCU1 (not even taking into account the guys refusing the upgrade, which is surprisingly non negligible).

Again, I might be wrong, but it would be nice if any AP2.0- or MCU1 fellow who got the upgrade could speak up.

February 2017 S90D MCU1 and HW2.0. I did get an inbox message December 24 saying I would get voice commands and txt messaging in “several weeks”. Nada so far.

2019.40.2.1 I do still like the car though. Too much fun. Lots of freeway miles.