Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 48 panel/3 Powerwall 2's Install in South Texas.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am new to the forum and hope to learn a lot more as I read the many posts already here. I signed up for Solar thru South Texas Solar Installers back at the end of June 2020. Solar Panels were installed mid November 2020. 48 Panels, Axtec AC-400MH/144s. This past week the (3x) Powerwall 2's were installed along with the inverters (under the panel array). Sunny Boy 7.0-1/ SP-US-41 (3x). I was told that there is a delay on the Gateway 2, so another 10-14 days to have that installed, the wiring, etc. My question is about the gateway, is there a delay? I haven't been able to find anything on the web... More pictures to come. 20201211_144935.jpg 20210114_165525.jpg

Hello, I am new to the forum and hope to learn a lot more as I read the many posts already here. I signed up for Solar thru South Texas Solar Installers back at the end of June 2020. Solar Panels were installed mid November 2020. 48 Panels, Axtec AC-400MH/144s. This past week the (3x) Powerwall 2's were installed along with the inverters (under the panel array). Sunny Boy 7.0-1/ SP-US-41 (3x). I was told that there is a delay on the Gateway 2, so another 10-14 days to have that installed, the wiring, etc. My question is about the gateway, is there a delay? I haven't been able to find anything on the web... More pictures to come.View attachment 628104 View attachment 628106
I assume those panels are pretty much to the south? You are going to get tons of solar.

Reactions: pilotSteve
So....I just got a call from South Texas Solar...they will be coming out this Friday (3/5/2021) to complete the install! Baby Jesus hear my prayers! I will post pics of the completed installation. Hopefully the PTO will not take long...:)o_O

We have a 44 350W panel (15.4KW) / 4 PowerWall system in Houston.

The OP has a 48 400W panel (19.2KW) / 3 PowerWall system in south Texas, which should perform better than our system in Houston.

When we installed our system, Tesla was recommending a PowerWall per 4KW of solar panels, and based on the performance of our system, that ratio seems reasonable - providing us enough backup power to run the house (essential devices) for an extended time without grid power, and enough storage to power the house overnight and reduce grid power usage when the sun isn't out.

Depending upon how much power the OP's house uses each day (especially during "night" hours), the OP may want to consider adding another PowerWall or two.

Reactions: 201reyes
Well the Tesla Gateway 2 was installed on 3/5/21. AEP Texas came out did the disconnect, the load wiring was transferred, power restored. quick test to ensure no hiccups come AEPTX inspection/PTO day (5-10 business days 😶) everthing looked good! so just the wait now....

Attachments

• 20210305_185331.jpg
    20210305_185331.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: jboy210 and byeLT4