Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 7" Rear Screen for Model 3/Y, with Passenger Seat Adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought Id share my installation and overview of the Tlyard Model 3 & Y Rear Entertainment LCD Display Air Conditioner Seat Heating Control.

I know tons have installed this mod, but what I gather, this one is even newer as it controls the passenger seat as well. Apologies if incorrect to it being "newer" than the prior 7" screen, but it's a pretty nice mod, and super easy to complete.

Whats your thoughts on this one?

Now there is an even newer version it seems

Fixes the issue of the previous Hansshow 7" that you can not connect bluetooth headsets to have someone watch a movie on the device, with sound from the headset.

Seems it still have not option to disable the possibility if rear seat passengers can control seats, heat and general car volume. I do not want my kids to be able to control my seat, or the general temperature and sound volume.

I would primarily want them to be able to turn on heated rear seats and watch movies with headset on and maybe control if they want to have the airvent active or not in the back seat

Also, it seems like the airvent is very minimal on the new larger screen here.

Lastly they claim that it is OTA capable, but i would not have any faith in them releasing even a single OTA update.

In Chinese "CAN" never equates to "WILL"

"Can receive OTA upgrades" very rarely means "Will receive OTA upgrades".

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Do any of these rear screens for the model 3 support multiple Bluetooth headsets (x2) simultaneously?
No i dont think so, the latest versions support 1 bluetooth device, which is an infinitely larger amount than before (0) :)

Older versions would only connect to the car bluetooth, so the driver and front seat passenger would also have to listen to the sound from TeleTubbies....Which would be enough to make anyone drive the car into a concrete wall at high speed just to make it stop :)

Reactions: streetskooler
You know my pain and why I am asking for multi Bluetooth headset compatibility.

I think I’ll just wait until that’s on offer - they may as well use iPads for now
Yeah i agree

I am also waiting for that, and then a feature with some sort of pin protected menu, where you can enable or disable control of certain features.

I am not going to get a unit where the kids in the backseat can control volume, temperature and position of the front seat.

Ideally they should only be able to control the heated rear seats, and then be able to use it for movies with sound via bluetooth.