Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW 7 SEAT OPTION WITH PICS!!!

Is this better than old one

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Went to the store while I was on a trip to Boston and they had the new 7 seater in the showroom. Vin in 55,900s. The seats slide forward a little to ease entry but not much. What do you guys think? There is a hidden button on the second row seat like on the third row. It was much more cramped in 3rd row compared to 6 seat. Also the back of the seats had a carpet material like trunk. pics below:
IMG_3420.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_9446.JPG
IMG_7884.JPG
IMG_3311.JPG
IMG_6333.JPG

I would be so sad if my 7 seater had those seats. My monopost seats can also move forward once locked in place to give the third row more leg room, which it looks like this does not unless the button to move it is located elsewhere. My button looks like a seat, and it's located right where the lever is in your pictures. Can you still control the second row from the front? That's one of the things I really love. When everyone in the second row leaves the ones in the third row to themselves, I can let them out. The carpet idea isn't bad, though. My kids' feet do scuff mine, and not all of the marks wipe off.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
Different configuration preference will vary based on individual requirements. No right or wrong answer here.
Personally, I still like our 6-seater for the ability to put skis down the middle, and the DMZ the gap creates between my warring kids. For long trips, we put an aftermarket plastic console and cup holder between the seats which has proven popular.
I have a small utility trailer for my Home Depot runs...

Reactions: GSP
If you need that many seats you need a Suburban

I went from a Lincoln Navigator extended to an X, and my X has as much room if not more. And the X can tow all of the stuff we used the Nav for including our dump trailer. The only difference is I'm not stopping at the gas station 4-5 times each month, and it's amazingly cool to drive!

I would be so sad if my 7 seater had those seats. My monopost seats can also move forward once locked in place to give the third row more leg room, which it looks like this does not unless the button to move it is located elsewhere. My button looks like a seat, and it's located right where the lever is in your pictures. Can you still control the second row from the front?

You can move the new 7-seater also when seated in it as well as lock it in a different position for third-row comfort. There is a second lever underneath the seat.

However, you can not move it from the front of the car as it is fully manual.

Photos of the lever and more: Model X 2nd row now folds FLAT! (July 1st 2017 update)

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
The 6 seat monopost is the still premier X design for comfort and looks.

If you regularly need 7 seats, this is of course an upgrade over the non folding 7 seater.

Thanks for pics.

I still have mixed emotions for the 7-seater crowd... the old 7-seater was a premium experience and better with child seats and third-row entry. Plus premiumness. But the new one of course has far superior cargo capacity.

What remains to be seen is third-row feet space in old vs. new 7-seater. The monoposts did leave quite a bit of space underneath the seats...

Reactions: Mrcook4590
Wow, very nice! I wish we had waited for the improvement. We have a 7 seat X and I can't believe the lack of utility with our second row seats not folding flat. We also have a S and if we want to carry something long the S is our car of choice for utility. It almost seemed inconceivable that they took so long to finally put the U back in SUV.