TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

NEW 7 SEAT OPTION WITH PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zackmilo, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Is this better than old one

1. Yes

33.9%
  2. No

25.4%
  3. Much worse and it makes me want to cry

35.6%
  4. This is the best thing I have ever seen

5.1%
  1. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

Went to the store while I was on a trip to Boston and they had the new 7 seater in the showroom. Vin in 55,900s. The seats slide forward a little to ease entry but not much. What do you guys think? There is a hidden button on the second row seat like on the third row. It was much more cramped in 3rd row compared to 6 seat. Also the back of the seats had a carpet material like trunk. pics below: IMG_3420.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1085.JPG IMG_9446.JPG IMG_7884.JPG IMG_3311.JPG IMG_6333.JPG

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. outie

outie Active Member

Can't really say it's better or worse. It's better in the sense of practicability / utility if you don't have 2/+ car seats, but worse in terms of tech / premium feel.

• Like x 2
  3. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

If you need that many seats you need a Suburban

• Disagree x 4
  4. GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR Member

I love my 6 seats more after seeing these pictures.

• Like x 7
  5. zackmilo

Same

6. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

The 6 seat monopost is the still premier X design for comfort and looks.

If you regularly need 7 seats, this is of course an upgrade over the non folding 7 seater.

Thanks for pics.

• Like x 5
  7. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

I would be so sad if my 7 seater had those seats. My monopost seats can also move forward once locked in place to give the third row more leg room, which it looks like this does not unless the button to move it is located elsewhere. My button looks like a seat, and it's located right where the lever is in your pictures. Can you still control the second row from the front? That's one of the things I really love. When everyone in the second row leaves the ones in the third row to themselves, I can let them out. The carpet idea isn't bad, though. My kids' feet do scuff mine, and not all of the marks wipe off.

• Like x 1
  8. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Different configuration preference will vary based on individual requirements. No right or wrong answer here.
    Personally, I still like our 6-seater for the ability to put skis down the middle, and the DMZ the gap creates between my warring kids. For long trips, we put an aftermarket plastic console and cup holder between the seats which has proven popular.
    I have a small utility trailer for my Home Depot runs...

• Like x 1
  9. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

I went from a Lincoln Navigator extended to an X, and my X has as much room if not more. And the X can tow all of the stuff we used the Nav for including our dump trailer. The only difference is I'm not stopping at the gas station 4-5 times each month, and it's amazingly cool to drive!

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  10. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Add a pic of ALL flat, that's a case many will eventually use. I had 6 seater before, it was good but not as great.

11. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

A step forward in terms of practicality.
    A step backwards in terms of remaining true to the initial design language.

12. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Member

Picture 2 shows the 2nd row seats at the furthest forward position? If yes, wow that's not a lot of room to squeeze past.

13. Roxbury

Roxbury Member

I hope that second row can move maximum to the back. What makes it possible to completely fold down the seats flat!

@anyone Can someone confirm/test this?

Thanks

14. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

You can move the new 7-seater also when seated in it as well as lock it in a different position for third-row comfort. There is a second lever underneath the seat.

However, you can not move it from the front of the car as it is fully manual.

Photos of the lever and more: Model X 2nd row now folds FLAT! (July 1st 2017 update)

• Informative x 1
  15. AnxietyRanger

I still have mixed emotions for the 7-seater crowd... the old 7-seater was a premium experience and better with child seats and third-row entry. Plus premiumness. But the new one of course has far superior cargo capacity.

What remains to be seen is third-row feet space in old vs. new 7-seater. The monoposts did leave quite a bit of space underneath the seats...

• Like x 1
  16. AnxietyRanger

Seating 7 adults and easy entry to the third-row were big points of the Model X story. I guess they are a bit less so now, since making a folding second-row with the monoposts proved too hard or costly or something...

• Helpful x 1
  17. Sunshine State

Wow, very nice! I wish we had waited for the improvement. We have a 7 seat X and I can't believe the lack of utility with our second row seats not folding flat. We also have a S and if we want to carry something long the S is our car of choice for utility. It almost seemed inconceivable that they took so long to finally put the U back in SUV.

18. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

It's nice that Tesla has finally given customers what they've been asking for (for the past 2 years).

19. zackmilo

The carpet is itchy on your legs because you can barely fit in the back and your knees will rub.

• Informative x 2
  20. gtmike

gtmike Member

I can see how this is more practical for carrying cargo, but isn't nearly as nice for carrying people. They should offer both this 7 seat config and the older monopost style at a premium.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1