Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 75D or Inventory 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to thread hijack someone else's thread but I have a similar question. I've priced a 75D @ 91,800 in the design studio. Some inventory 90D's are close to that making the delta trivial.

Besides the additional range, am I getting anything else with the 90D over a 75D new build?

Conversely, am I giving anything up besides it not being 100% new and having some miles on it? I've heard something about motors but unsure if it applies to this scenario.

The new 75D's don't have SAS but I am not overly concerned - likely prefer without due to potential issues down the road.

thx

I've had 2 inventory cars, and they both were in great shape.

The 90D sales are amazing right now, for the same price you can get 30+ more miles and a few options for a nice discount. There are quite a few with low miles as well.

I didn't want to thread hijack someone else's thread but I have a similar question. I've priced a 75D @ 91,800 in the design studio. Some inventory 90D's are close to that making the delta trivial.

Besides the additional range, am I getting anything else with the 90D over a 75D new build?

Conversely, am I giving anything up besides it not being 100% new and having some miles on it? I've heard something about motors but unsure if it applies to this scenario.

The new 75D's don't have SAS but I am not overly concerned - likely prefer without due to potential issues down the road.

thx

i dont see any reason not to get a 90D unless you dont see one in the configuration you want, it will have more range for similar price.

How not brand new is the Inv 90? I mean, its going to be less than a year old, right? Warranty just like it was brand new? More bang for the buck, right? Tesla will treat it as brand new/newly ordered. So why not do the Inv 90? I would.

Yep, got my S90D new about 6 weeks ago and love the car. Pretty well loaded with options, minus the dual chargers and rear facing seats. Had 26 miles on it. Just finished a 1400 mile road trip and needed the 300 mile range on one of the legs. If I could have swung the extra for the 100D range, I probably would have gone that route.

Only reason to get a 75D now is to get the newer drive unit. For bonus points wait a month and try to get an inventory 90D with a build date June 15th or later so you get the new drive unit anyway. I love air suspension but if you don't love it definitely don't get it. Typical air struts only last ten years.

Only reason to get a 75D now is to get the newer drive unit. For bonus points wait a month and try to get an inventory 90D with a build date June 15th or later so you get the new drive unit anyway. I love air suspension but if you don't love it definitely don't get it. Typical air struts only last ten years.

Thanks of the reply. Why would I want the newer drive unit in a 90d? Wouldn't the 'tried and true' unit be better vs. a new unit? I understand in the 75D it gives it better performance but haven't read anything like that for the 90D. Is there any confirmation that the 90D built after 6/15 got a different DU?

I never had air suspension so I can't say I love it. For me, I wouldn't know what I'm missing if I didn't get it. I have no inclines that would need heigh adjustment in the car. Other than that, why would I want SAS? Is it really better than a coil ride?

Current cars have stiff Billsteins so practically anything seems softer. :)

Right now I would go the 90D route as there is a fair number of heavily discounted ones out there. Check a recent thread in the "Tesla for Sale" aub-forum, at least a dozen of 90Ds sold with discounts >$15k over the last week. The car that started the whole thread was a 90D @ $75k...

Happy hunting!