Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 75D or Showroom (11/17) 100D

Which would you buy?

• New 75D

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Showroom (11/2017) 100D

Votes: 35 77.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The title really says it all. Which would you choose?

The details:
New 75D would obviously come with everything I would choose, and when I price them out they come to around $89k - $90k.

Showroom 100D - 5k miles, old MCU, current one I am looking at doesn't include the PUP, but has leather seats, pearl white, and Autopilot - $91k.

The question is really, would you take a new 75D or take one with some miles and get the larger battery? This is certainly personal, but I am at a standstill. I plan on taking the car on a couple longer trips a year, so the added range would probably be nice, but running it through the abettertripplanner it didn't save a ton of time.
Dont forget that overtime battery will degrade a little (about 5% after 30000 miles)

Hands down I would go for the 100D. The dual chargers the extra battery capacity. The older MCU is not a deal breaker I believe the radar and cameras are the same in both cars.

The fact it can charge faster at Destination chargers that (HPWC) support higher voltage.

You will also find the car is able to charge quicker at the Super Chargers.

I might be wrong if please correct me

75D Models 48AMP charger
100D Models 72AMP charger

A Tesla Wall Connector installed on a 60 amp / 240 volt circuit breaker will achieve the maximum charge rate of 11.5 kW for 75 kWh configured vehicles.

A Tesla Wall Connector installed on a 90 amp / 240 volt circuit breaker will achieve the maximum charge rate of 17.2 kW for a 100 kWh configured vehicle.

I was on the same boat but with an already configured Model 3. My delivery was pushed back to August so I inquired about the MS. A sales advisor said he had this inventory car with 9k miles, 100D with my exact configuration.

What do you all think? Put the deposit down on it and waiting to hear back from bank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180526-055931.png
    Screenshot_20180526-055931.png
    732.9 KB · Views: 109
The title really says it all. Which would you choose?

The details:
New 75D would obviously come with everything I would choose, and when I price them out they come to around $89k - $90k.

Showroom 100D - 5k miles, old MCU, current one I am looking at doesn't include the PUP, but has leather seats, pearl white, and Autopilot - $91k.

The question is really, would you take a new 75D or take one with some miles and get the larger battery? This is certainly personal, but I am at a standstill. I plan on taking the car on a couple longer trips a year, so the added range would probably be nice, but running it through the abettertripplanner it didn't save a ton of time.

Last year, I sold my 90D, and bought a showroom 100D that had only 55 miles on it from local demo drives. Marked down about 6K. It's been flat-out perfect.

Reactions: Damien Sandow