TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New 80A HPWC at Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha just off I-94 on Bluemound Rd.

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by scott2613, Jul 18, 2013.

1. scott2613

scott2613 Member

Our HPWC is up as of today, July 18. It's free for all Tesla owners. We've installed a Clipper Creek CS-100 75A level 2 charging station adjacent to it also. It will be free to our customers. Within the next 60 days will be solar powered (We are installing a 34kW solar array.)
    We will soon be one of the first certified Tesla collision repair facilities in the country. We have purchased all the Tesla required equipment and our techs will be spending two weeks in training at the factory in August and September. Up to this this point there have been authorized body shops but now there will be a specific intensive factory program for The Model S and roadster.

Attached Files:

2. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Will you allow use of your HPWC during non-business hours? Also, is there anything to do nearby (shops, restaurants, etc.) while using the HPWC?

Thanks!

3. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

34kW solar array

Sounds great! And a 34kW solar array! Who is doing the 34kW solar array installation?

4. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

when I get my MS next week, I'll be stopping out to say hi!!

My HPWC / garage power upgrade is still in progress.. hopefully I'll have it done before state fair.. I already have a 14-50 in the driveway and I'm ordering a proper 50ft cord so charging in the street is a possibility. I'll be putting an EV charging / parking sign out on Greenfield Ave. I'm about 3 houses off of greenfield ave right by 92nd st. walking distance to the fair!

5. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Nice idea. Will you be charging to MS fair goers to park and charge????

6. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I wasn't planning on it as I'm outside the typical "park on my lawn" range for the fair. That's usually only with in the fist 3-4 blocks surrounding the fair.. I'm about 10 blocks.

I feel like the better reason to do that is to show ICE owners that EV charging is out there and easy to find, and usually little to no cost. And to charge EV cars, of course! A donation would be nice.. not sure if I'd put that on the sign or not.

7. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Very nice of you to do this.

8. scott2613

scott2613 Member

The Tesla charger is free to owners 24-7. Sam's club is one block East on the same side of the street. (Less than 1/4 mile). Just beyond that is a Home Depot and a hotel all on the same side of Bluemound Rd.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't know until the bids are all in.

9. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha

I stopped by on Sunday for 10 minutes just to use the HPWC. Very very nice setup.

Both chargers.JPG HPWC.JPG Tesla at charger.JPG tesla charger rear.JPG

10. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Electric Vehicle Repair Charging

So refreshing to hear this from an established auto repair shop. Very forward-thinking. Thanks for adding to the EV infrastructure!

11. justduckyangie

That's awesome! The area is really lacking chargers. I know when we were in the area, we plugged into 110 at our hotel and then drove waaaay out of the way to get a full charge to make it home. Thanks for adding it!

12. scott2613

scott2613 Member

Glad to see it's working properly and getting used. We'll be adding an LED light for evening use and a security camera so people will feel safe using it after dark. The Clipper Creek unit will be turned on as soon as the access control keypad is installed. There will be signage, a hedge screen and both charging stations can be used simultaneously. We are listed on the Recargo and Chargepoint charge station locators so if you stop by for a charge please be sure to check in and leave a review.
    Also, We now have the necessary Tesla required equipment to properly repair collision damaged Model S's and Roadsters.

13. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Very thoughtful touches. Nicely done setup.