Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 85kWH battery for my 2013 P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened 2 nights ago. The car shut down while driving 3 or 4 times. It has been behaving since then.
20210202_170849.jpg
I've been missing 40 miles since Oct 2020. Now all the errors are gone. Always take screen shots! Finally the service center has some real data. Here's hoping for a new battery.

Edit: It says battery charge level too low, but it was at 88%. I have an app message that says "Climate has turned off because your battery reached 88%"!

This happened 2 nights ago. The car shut down while driving 3 or 4 times. It has been behaving since then.
View attachment 633950I've been missing 40 miles since Oct 2020. Now all the errors are gone. Always take screen shots! Finally the service center has some real data. Here's hoping for a new battery.

Edit: It says battery charge level too low, but it was at 88%. I have an app message that says "Climate has turned off because your battery reached 88%"!

Don't let them tell you that you have "Brake Management System" problem!
Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

• Helpful
Reactions: gmo43 and Chaserr
Brass Guy. I had my 2014 P85D parked for 4weeks but pugged in. The car was completely dead. Had to remove the nose cone to access the 12 volt accessory battery jump points just to get into the car. The 12 volt battery (original) was dead. Replaced this, but the car wouldn't charge. The port would open but not accept the charge cable. The same messages were on the screen that you've posted. Milage reported on the was 175. Had to have it towed to Tesla. Long story short, the main battery was dead. This is actually the second battery that will go into the car. The first failed during the first year. I now have 89k miles on it. First failed at about 12k miles.

You're going to need a new battery.

You're going to need a new battery.
I was pretty sure of that back in October when I first got errors, but since I was still on V8 they told me they could not diagnose. My suspicion is that (1) the techs probably knew it too, but (2) management is probably not allowed to authorize a replacement without going through regular diagnostics with the latest firmware.

It's still driving and charging, so I'm waiting for notification that they have everything they need (and hopefully a loaner) before I bring it in.

It would be the first HV battery replacement. It has over 175k miles.

I was pretty sure of that back in October when I first got errors, but since I was still on V8 they told me they could not diagnose. My suspicion is that (1) the techs probably knew it too, but (2) management is probably not allowed to authorize a replacement without going through regular diagnostics with the latest firmware.

It's still driving and charging, so I'm waiting for notification that they have everything they need (and hopefully a loaner) before I bring it in.

It would be the first HV battery replacement. It has over 175k miles.

I got mine back today. At the time of checkout, the Service Writer was confused about why I WAS NOT being charged $16,000 dollars for the replacement. All fees were written off.

I'd say the monetary hit is the reason they're resisting replacing your battery.

My 2014 85 with 70k miles and 252 rated range at 100% was still looking great. I washed it the other day, plugged it in for a few hours, took it for a drive, and got "car may not restart", "car needs service", and then after I stopped, "unable to drive, voltage too low". Had to have it towed to the service center, took them two days to diagnose, and the told my the HV pack needs replacement under warranty. They ordered Part 1088815-01-D Remanufactured pack. Charge level was 57% when it died.

I feel stupid for taking good care of my battery now, but at least it's all on their dime.