Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New: Adjustable camber bushings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this on facebook. Seems interesting as the price is much lower than complete upper links.

Adjustable Camber Bushings for Tesla Model S and X

IMG_9198.JPG

Reactions: 365gtb4
Saw this on facebook. Seems interesting as the price is much lower than complete upper links.
Adjustable Camber Bushings for Tesla Model S and X
IMG_9198.JPG
Interesting kit ... comes with the tool to remove the OEM bushings.
IMG_9190_medium.JPG

The adjustable eccentric bushings come with a bushing removal tool to press out the original factory bushing from the control arm on the side of the arm that mounts to the subframe. The new bushing is a two piece bushing with a metal core. You simply remove the old bushing and then insert the two halves of the bushing with the metal core sandwiched between them. Then the center bolt, outer washers and locking nut retainer are all keyed to only assemble one way. There is also a package of grease to properly lubricate the bushings to ensure noise free operation.

Reactions: The Duke
6D7AE30A-0477-4213-9C33-0115C2168EF8.pngEccentric bolt
5AA7691B-D5BC-4848-90C0-4EAD6996509E.pngControl arm bushing
From what I see of the kit it’s a replacement for the bushing on the factory control arm to adjust camber, this is not an eccentric bolt which adjusts the strut to the hub.

This setup would allow adjustment of the camber to be done at any height of suspension level or a static setting for non smart suspension Model S.
So for those drivers that more often have the suspension at its lower settings for performance the alignment can be adjusted at that height but say if you are going on a long trip you could go back in and have the alignment readjusted at standard height or higher.
My .02c

Sorry had to edit as my brain isn’t working well this late. These are upper control arm adjustable bushings.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka and davidc18
I did a search for "aluminati titanium" and the ebay seller is using a stock photo. Same photo is used in ads for other cars. So we have no idea what the Tesla parts actually look like. I also only find ebay links with no real info so wondering if it's really titanium (I have my doubts).

• Informative
Reactions: Hoffa
Has anyone installed these yet? After going about 20k on the Michelins and wearing through two layers of steel belting only at the very inside of the rear tires and having about 6/32" everywhere else, I'm ready to change the camber a bit at the low setting to avoid wasting the next set of tires (Conti DWS06s). The car was set to go to Low above 50mph.

Has anyone installed these yet? After going about 20k on the Michelins and wearing through two layers of steel belting only at the very inside of the rear tires and having about 6/32" everywhere else, I'm ready to change the camber a bit at the low setting to avoid wasting the next set of tires (Conti DWS06s). The car was set to go to Low above 50mph.

I am/was in the same predicament. Burned through inner tire all the way to the belt, plenty of outer tire left. I have a set on order. Will hopefully have them installed by early next week.

Reactions: EVTuning
So far these have been really popular. If you have any questions let me know. I should be getting a new shipment in from Australia next week. I am also working on a rear subframe bushing kit that will help the car feel much more planted in the corners and under hard acceleration. I am also doing some R&D on a plug and play control module to help improve acceleration, regen, and range by cleaning up the sine wave signal.

• Informative
Reactions: morrisdl
So far these have been really popular. If you have any questions let me know. I should be getting a new shipment in from Australia next week. I am also working on a rear subframe bushing kit that will help the car feel much more planted in the corners and under hard acceleration. I am also doing some R&D on a plug and play control module to help improve acceleration, regen, and range by cleaning up the sine wave signal.

Your site says they're unavailable :(