Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New: Adjustable camber bushings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s correct. Tesla has too many inconsistencies with manufacturing that has made trying to figure out a way to make these work on all vehicles a nightmare. The site states we are working on version 3.0 now and hopefully will have something soon.

Can you say what your time frame is? A week? Month? 6 months?

Also, just curious, I know Tesla makes a lot of changes on the line from week to week but have they changed that upper control arm? I think you said something like 30 different changes that make it hard for your bushing to be compatible but I'm really curious if you can elaborate more on that?

Can you say what your time frame is? A week? Month? 6 months?

Also, just curious, I know Tesla makes a lot of changes on the line from week to week but have they changed that upper control arm? I think you said something like 30 different changes that make it hard for your bushing to be compatible but I'm really curious if you can elaborate more on that?
It has to do with the subframe mounting tabs. Different distances, different machining makes the original design not work unless everything is exactly the same. The new design is a more OEM approach with a monoball eccentric bushing. It has to be pressed in rather than just popped in the way version 1 and 2 were. But the end result should be something that will work on every car provided you do some measuring before hand.

Reactions: Ulmo
for right now I don't want to commit to anything. Between validation and then production ramp (sound familiar haha) It will be atleast 6-8 weeks. Past that I don't want to comment. It won't be 6 months or a year so long as it fits the way its supposed to.

for right now I don't want to commit to anything. Between validation and then production ramp (sound familiar haha) It will be atleast 6-8 weeks. Past that I don't want to comment. It won't be 6 months or a year so long as it fits the way its supposed to.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I might hold off 3 weeks, but 2 months is too long given that I drive 50K miles a year and I need to fix my camber issue sooner.

Here are some photos of the latest version. Should be ready for sale in 3-4 weeks possibly sooner!

Attachments

• B1CD2567-21EF-425D-B597-E4B10F5FFC4B.jpeg
    B1CD2567-21EF-425D-B597-E4B10F5FFC4B.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 61C2761D-A20B-472D-A3FE-E951E9F00A67.jpeg
    61C2761D-A20B-472D-A3FE-E951E9F00A67.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 98
  • BB7A9B1B-BE6F-441C-8F43-371FE17BAD65.jpeg
    BB7A9B1B-BE6F-441C-8F43-371FE17BAD65.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 2D3B7111-88D9-4233-8151-3245C5974F1E.jpeg
    2D3B7111-88D9-4233-8151-3245C5974F1E.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 89
  • BBBEE3A4-4FEA-41FD-8370-84AD2B4BBD77.jpeg
    BBBEE3A4-4FEA-41FD-8370-84AD2B4BBD77.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 88
  • B648644A-C2CB-4DDE-A8E5-786BC1E4169C.jpeg
    B648644A-C2CB-4DDE-A8E5-786BC1E4169C.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 90
  • 4C887EC5-8DA7-4A9B-9ADF-1CEA7059AC48.jpeg
    4C887EC5-8DA7-4A9B-9ADF-1CEA7059AC48.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: Hoffa
I have read that the height sensors connect to the upper control arms and these eccentric bushings will alter the ride height. Tesla service is a hike for me...Is there a S/W tool that I can re-calibrate ride height at home? OR, is adjustable links the only other option?

Wouldnt fixing the new height adaptions again mess with the camber and require tweaking the eccentric bushing again - creating a never-ending loop of camber & height tuning?

I have read that the height sensors connect to the upper control arms and these eccentric bushings will alter the ride height. Tesla service is a hike for me...Is there a S/W tool that I can re-calibrate ride height at home? OR, is adjustable links the only other option?

Wouldnt fixing the new height adaptions again mess with the camber and require tweaking the eccentric bushing again - creating a never-ending loop of camber & height tuning?

There is no software tool that can re-calibrate the ride height other than Tesla's Toolbox. If they recalibrate the ride height it will then be even front to rear. The ride height change doesn't apply to everyone. Only people trying to adjust an extreme amount of camber out with run tio this issue. Looking at the video above you'll see that it has a huge range of adjustment so it depends on individual circumstances.

The adjustable links for the ride height sensors would do the same thing as the recalibration. It is essentially tricking each corner of the car to think it's higher/lower than it is so that you end up with a level ride height front to rear. You may need to do some more adjustment on an alignment rack between the links and the bushings to get things lined up properly. Others have installed the earlier version of our bushings with adjustable links and had good results.

First round of product is going to be shipping to us hopefully within the next week or so.

Not never ending but at least a few iterations.

This is why it's much more preferable to pick a camber correction solution that adjusts camber downstream of the ride height sensor attachment location. i.e. you'd need custom upper links made that can be changed in length.

This is why it's much more preferable to pick a camber correction solution that adjusts camber downstream of the ride height sensor attachment location. i.e. you'd need custom upper links made that can be changed in length.
The way we do it is the same as all OEM car makers do it. It’s only an issue for those that are trying to slam the car past the factory “very low” setting. For 99% of the crowd this won’t be an issue. Set the car to the desired height, adjust camber appropriately and if needed adjust the ride height sensor. It really shouldn’t be a hunting for the sweet spot situation. I’m uploading the installation instructions. Our bushings adjust the same way toe in the rear and camber and caster are adjusted in the front of the vehicle currently.

Attachments

• Tesla_741026_741126_instructions.pdf
    967.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: morrisdl

The way we do it is the same as all OEM car makers do it. It’s only an issue for those that are trying to slam the car past the factory “very low” setting. For 99% of the crowd this won’t be an issue. Set the car to the desired height, adjust camber appropriately and if needed adjust the ride height sensor. It really shouldn’t be a hunting for the sweet spot situation. I’m uploading the installation instructions. This is the same way tow in the rear and chamber and caster are adjusted in the front of the vehicle currently.