Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New air suspension controls = bad functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to tap the blue "Keep until xxxmph" button next to the height you select, after raising the suspension. Otherwise it drops ASAP.
So I did a bit more experimentation after re-reading this post. It would appear the 'max' speed for each height is an opt-in like you said above (well it seems to work that way most of the time). My question is what goose thought that would actually work in the real world?
Talk about take your eyes off the road more than needed just so you can press some little text that says 'Keep", are they kidding?
That still doesn't explain the car park incident where it refused to raise when the car was stationary.
Or to take the line of Steve Jobs, am I holding it wrong? ;)

Reactions: kskog
This has been their go-to solution for a lot of the axle/shudder issues (although there were still challenges with the front axles when the front end lifts up on a hard launch.)
There is a far better solution to what they have implemented in this update.
If the problem was people launching hard with the suspension set to Very High then they can simply torque limit the power when the suspension is set to there, simple fix and no need to turn the suspension controls into the mess they are now in trying to stop that happening.

Reactions: aerodyne
Another work around would be to tag the GPS location of all the troublesome speed bumps.
Doesn't work too well in underground car parks though :(

But back to the introduced problem with this update, I have plenty of GPS tagged locations of my local area already that had been working just fine. One particular residential street has 4 'big' speed bumps, the car correctly raises to Very High at the first one and previously stayed there for all the humps, whereas now it drops back to Standard (eg Scrape) for each one after that. It is crazy that I now have to stay below 15 MPH in a 30 MPH street just so the suspension does what I want. I'm not saying I did 30 MPH approaching the speed bump but when I did reach it I knew it was at Very High at least, now it goes from Very High straight to Standard at 16 MPH.

So the Tesla solution is 'Keep' option must be pressed every time, it doesn't remember! Personally I'd rather be looking at the road ahead than fumbling for the small 'Keep' text each time the car decides it must drop for no reason.

Doesn't work too well in underground car parks though :(

But back to the introduced problem with this update, I have plenty of GPS tagged locations of my local area already that had been working just fine. One particular residential street has 4 'big' speed bumps, the car correctly raises to Very High at the first one and previously stayed there for all the humps, whereas now it drops back to Standard (eg Scrape) for each one after that. It is crazy that I now have to stay below 15 MPH in a 30 MPH street just so the suspension does what I want. I'm not saying I did 30 MPH approaching the speed bump but when I did reach it I knew it was at Very High at least, now it goes from Very High straight to Standard at 16 MPH.

So the Tesla solution is 'Keep' option must be pressed every time, it doesn't remember! Personally I'd rather be looking at the road ahead than fumbling for the small 'Keep' text each time the car decides it must drop for no reason.

Maybe a voice command in the future?

• Funny
Reactions: P100D_Me