Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Android App - restricted functions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems connecting with the car since the new app arrived? Specifically, none of the 'control' section items work anymore for me (lights, honk, unlock, summon) and neither does remote climate start.

I know the car is definitely connecting with Tesla servers because it is correctly showing location and charge status. I'm getting same behaviour in multiple locations, with and without wi-fi being on and 'remote access' is definitely enabled in the car.

The old app was slow to connect but it seemed to work reliably.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone.

Thanks

Hi.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems connecting with the car since the new app arrived? Specifically, none of the 'control' section items work anymore for me (lights, honk, unlock, summon) and neither does remote climate start.

I know the car is definitely connecting with Tesla servers because it is correctly showing location and charge status. I'm getting same behaviour in multiple locations, with and without wi-fi being on and 'remote access' is definitely enabled in the car.

The old app was slow to connect but it seemed to work reliably.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone.

Thanks

I have also had problems connecting to my car since the latest Android upgrade (to v. 7.1.1, security patch level Feb 5, 2017). It recognizes the nickname I gave my car, but then there is an exclamation point and the short text, 'Network Request Error'. Frustrated.