Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Anti-Theft package at Tesla Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-x-enhanced-anti-theft.html

Description

Increase your vehicle's protection with active sensor technology designed to detect motion inside the cabin as well as sense if the vehicle is moved or tilted. It will warn against potential theft with an audible alarm.

Includes:

1 x Sensor Assembly

2 x Window Decals

Price includes shipping and installation at Service Center

—-

Price is pretty good. Any taker?

I got a text message that mine has arrived at my local service center. I've scheduled the installation for the 29th of November. Let's see what they say about my Blackvue using that 12v consistent power on in the microphone area. Hopefully I can share that same 12V for both the Dashcam and whatever this new Enhance Theft device is.

I got a text message that mine has arrived at my local service center. I've scheduled the installation for the 29th of November. Let's see what they say about my Blackvue using that 12v consistent power on in the microphone area. Hopefully I can share that same 12V for both the Dashcam and whatever this new Enhance Theft device is.

Should be as easy as a wire splice.

The rear lighted T logo requires a splice from spoiler brake lights, i would assume something similar will be done here

In the same situation as you, with the BV camera.
Definitely post pics & any info related to when an alert is triggered.
For example... confirm that same alert work its way to the mobile app?

it's the same thing they have as a standard in Europe, right? So check with them if they get mobile alerts?
Yes, it does trigger a mobile alert - it sets the alarm off, so you get the same alert as the basic alarm gives.

There are three things to watch for with this Tilt/Intrusion enhancement:
1. If a bug gets caught in the car, the alarm will sound.
2. If you leave a dog or child in the car, you must turn off T/I or the alarm will sound.
3. T/I is reset to On whenever you unlock the car.

• Informative
Reactions: BigD0g
I mean this sincerely: what advantages does this have over the current security system? What are the circumstances where someone would not trip the standard security, but would trip this Tilt/Instrusion enhancement?
Someone breaking the glass and grabbing whatever inside, and or someone towing your car to a flatbed and drive away. I guess the most important one is to prevent someone jumping on top of your car and start dancing ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ToddS
I mean this sincerely: what advantages does this have over the current security system? What are the circumstances where someone would not trip the standard security, but would trip this Tilt/Instrusion enhancement?
The current alarm in Us/Canada spec cars has an alarm that only goes off when one of the doors, trunk or trunk is opened. It does not include glass breakage, motion sensor, or tilt sensor....

The problem is that the smash and grab happening all over CA is just going through the window and not opening up the doors, therefore the alarm doesn't go off. Owners only notice once an incident occurs when they arrive back at their cars.

The goal of this new enhancement is that it bring the security system up to par with the Euro spec Teslas by including both a motion sensor and a tilt sensor...

While it won't protect the car any more than the current system, it will notify the owner, and sound the alarm. I look it more of a deterrent...

Yes, it does trigger a mobile alert - it sets the alarm off, so you get the same alert as the basic alarm gives.

There are three things to watch for with this Tilt/Intrusion enhancement:
1. If a bug gets caught in the car, the alarm will sound.
2. If you leave a dog or child in the car, you must turn off T/I or the alarm will sound.
3. T/I is reset to On whenever you unlock the car.

Can you show us the screen in v9 where you can turn off the T/I? I'm curious where it appears.