Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New AP 1 Behavior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning on my usual daily commute, for the first time I got the message "autosteer limited to 60 MPH" on a section of I-465 in Indianapolis. The speed limit is 55, but traffic generally goes 65-70. Driving 60 will get me run over. I thought that autosteer was only limited to 5 MPH over the limit on surface streets, not limited access highways. Anyone else see this change? This makes autopilot essentially worthless for me on my daily commute. I have been using autopilot on this route since it was originally released in 2015.

I had a similar "that's weird" moment yesterday. Same thing really. A road that changes from divided to barrier, used to let me AP at 70, but yesterday it started to slow unexpectedly. It might have been were the road went to a barrier. I will check again today.

I got yelled at yesterday by AP1 even tho I was resting my left hand on the steering wheel while AP1 was doing the driving. This is new to me. True, I wasn't squeezing the steering wheel but I was not expecting the stern talking to. Thankfully it did not warn me again and drove us most of the way home.