TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New AP 1 Behavior?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by pedriscoll, May 26, 2017.

1. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

This morning on my usual daily commute, for the first time I got the message "autosteer limited to 60 MPH" on a section of I-465 in Indianapolis. The speed limit is 55, but traffic generally goes 65-70. Driving 60 will get me run over. I thought that autosteer was only limited to 5 MPH over the limit on surface streets, not limited access highways. Anyone else see this change? This makes autopilot essentially worthless for me on my daily commute. I have been using autopilot on this route since it was originally released in 2015.

2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Hmm, is the highway divided by a median or barrier? That seems to be the criteria around here. There's some "city" streets here that have concrete dividers and 45mph limits and I can set Autosteer to 90mph.

3. Doug4650

Doug4650 Member

I had a similar "that's weird" moment yesterday. Same thing really. A road that changes from divided to barrier, used to let me AP at 70, but yesterday it started to slow unexpectedly. It might have been were the road went to a barrier. I will check again today.

4. pedriscoll

The road does have a large central concrete barrier. Later I noted the same behavior on I-65 south of Indy. Large median but speed limited to 70 MPH (65 speed limit) The strange thing is that this has never happened before and I have had no recent software updates.

5. pedriscoll

Since no one else appears to be having this issue on divided highways, I will contact my service center to see if I can get an answer.

6. pedriscoll

Problem solved. I rebooted both the main touchscreen and the instrument cluster monitor and now the limited access highways are allowing me to set whatever speed I wish for autopilot.

7. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

I got yelled at yesterday by AP1 even tho I was resting my left hand on the steering wheel while AP1 was doing the driving. This is new to me. True, I wasn't squeezing the steering wheel but I was not expecting the stern talking to. Thankfully it did not warn me again and drove us most of the way home.