Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New AP feature (sort of)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may have been mentioned before but we can now engage AP while is car is stopped. Previously, you needed to be off the brake and not be using the hill hold feature in order for AP to engage. For example, if i was stopped in traffic and I wanted to activate AP, I would previously need to let off the brake and creep an inch before double pulling the lever to get AP to activate. Now, it will do so with the brake fully depressed (with the vehicle stopped) or with the hill hold feature activated.

Win!

This may have been mentioned before but we can now engage AP while is car is stopped. Previously, you needed to be off the brake and not be using the hill hold feature in order for AP to engage. For example, if i was stopped in traffic and I wanted to activate AP, I would previously need to let off the brake and creep an inch before double pulling the lever to get AP to activate. Now, it will do so with the brake fully depressed (with the vehicle stopped) or with the hill hold feature activated.

Win!

I'm gonna guess that a lot of people love using AP in the city as "red light texting assist" so you know once your car starts moving you should put down your phone and pay attention again....

Win!
Not new. I'm still on 7.0 and I use this feature almost every time I'm driving.

I recently was second in line at a stop light, waiting to go straight through an intersection. Our straight light was still red, but as soon as the left turn arrow went green for the folks to our left, the car in front of me must have thought it was his light cuz he just gunned it through the intersection. Luckily the oncoming left turn traffic stopped in time!

AP would suck you along with the car ahead of you in this case.

I recently was second in line at a stop light, waiting to go straight through an intersection. Our straight light was still red, but as soon as the left turn arrow went green for the folks to our left, the car in front of me must have thought it was his light cuz he just gunned it through the intersection. Luckily the oncoming left turn traffic stopped in time!

AP would suck you along with the car ahead of you in this case.

AP moves out very slowly from a stop in situations like that. Youd have to be really inattentive for a long period of time for it to cause an issue.

Now, it will do so with the brake fully depressed
I think you mean with the brake pedal not pressed (depressed means you push the pedal into the floor).

If your foot is on the brake pedal, moving or not, you can not activate AP.

And as others have mentioned, this has been around for a while. And I use it for the exact reasons given (check my phone while at a red light, and not be the idiot left standing when everyone else drives away).

I think you mean with the brake pedal not pressed (depressed means you push the pedal into the floor).

If your foot is on the brake pedal, moving or not, you can not activate AP.

And as others have mentioned, this has been around for a while. And I use it for the exact reasons given (check my phone while at a red light, and not be the idiot left standing when everyone else drives away).

No, I meant what I said. I may be mistaken, however. Ill try again tonight.

Whatever the latest one is with the new self park update. Can you check FW version via the app?
I don't think so (could be wrong though).

I have the latest one too (mine updated a few days ago), but I tried it again last night, and if I depress the break pedal, I can not get AP to engage (everything else works as you stated, and as someone else stated has been around for some time).

Did you have a chance to retry it?

I don't think so (could be wrong though).

I have the latest one too (mine updated a few days ago), but I tried it again last night, and if I depress the break pedal, I can not get AP to engage (everything else works as you stated, and as someone else stated has been around for some time).

Did you have a chance to retry it?

I did, and unfortunately I was incorrect. It didn't engage for me either, hwoever ot works fine with hill hold. I assume i had HH activated last time and didn't realize it.

Reactions: Max*