TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

new AP2 or cpo ap1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Joshuak172, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joshuak172

Joshuak172 Member

Hey folks,

So, you helped me decide that the tesla is the way to go but now I'm trying to decide cpo vs new? I test drove an AP2 car and think the current capability of ap would greatly relieve me stressful commute. Having said that, should I be concerned with buying a cpo ap1 car in regards to ap1 capability? I'm really interested if it's as good as the vehicle I drive the other day and if I can expect it to stay that way if I were to purchase one. I read a few posts that seem to suggest that the current ap1 capability may decline as they continue to update AP2.

Thanks in advance!

2. DrReid

DrReid Member

If your finances allow, I would definitely recommend a car with AP2. I'm not sure if there are any CPOs yet with ap2 so I assume that means you'll have to buy new.

AP1 is great but AP2 is going to get better and better. I recieved my tesla 2 weeks before they announced AP2 and am super bummed I don't have it. While AP1 has served me well, I plan on having this car for 7-10 years so having the AP2 improvements and possibly full self driving is a huge benefit!!