Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW APEX Race Parts 18x9.5" ET34 EC-7R (Forged)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an email exchange from today confirming APEX is releasing a direct fit forged version of their EC-7 wheels for the Model 3. Email Cory at the email below if you're interested:

James Wells
Dec 27, 2020, 5:27 PM PST

I'm in the market for 18x9.5 wheels and love that the EC-7's will work on my Tesla Model 3 (with the hub ring). There is a lack of high quality and light forged 18" rims and a forged version of this wheel would be a great option. Do you have any plans to make it forged in that size for us Tesla owners?
Type of Question: New Product Ideas

Cory Smetzler (APEX Race Parts)
Dec 29, 2020, 5:16 PM PST

Hi James, thanks for reaching out. I'm happy to report that we are offering pretty much exactly what you're looking for. It'll be an EC-7R in 18x9.5" ET34 and will come with a direct fit centerbore, along with knurled bead, and of course fully forged!

We just got a sample wheel last week and it weighed in around 19lbs, carrying a 1700lb load rating and beefy reinforced inner lip for durability. Here's a pic of the sample wheel, in our Brushed Clear finish.

Cory Smetzler - Ford & GM Brand Manager
APEX Race Parts
Direct: (925) 315-5143 | Main: (925) 245-0773
Web | Instagram | Facebook | Fitment Guides | Help Center
mail

James Wells
Dec 29, 2020, 5:28 PM PST

Amazing! Well, let me know when you have them ready to sell and I’ll be first in line. Could I share the news and pics you sent to the Tesla Motors Club forum? I’m sure you’ll have lots of future customers!

James

Sent from my iPhone

Cory Smetzler
(APEX Race Parts)
Dec 29, 2020, 5:30 PM PST

Yes please do share them everywhere you can! I've been meaning to post more on there but just haven't had the time. If anyone is interested, have them email us at [email protected] and I'll put them down on the list to be notified when they release. I can also put your email down too if you'd like?

Cory Smetzler - Ford & GM Brand Manager
APEX Race Parts
Direct: (925) 315-5143 | Main: (925) 245-0773
Web | Instagram | Facebook | Fitment Guides | Help Center
mail

Attachments

• Image from iOS (6).jpg
    Image from iOS (6).jpg
    511 KB · Views: 299
  • Image from iOS (7).jpg
    Image from iOS (7).jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Image from iOS (8).jpg
    Image from iOS (8).jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Image from iOS (10).jpg
    Image from iOS (10).jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 207
I bought their regular EC-7 in 18x9.5'' Anthracite as a track set, and really like the design and looks; also the $284 special price at the time was really good. Haven't tracked them yet - waiting for the my SA2020 helmet to arrive - but still, the design has great clearance for the brake calipers, and I like the philosophy of not being 'delicate wheels', with enough clearance to remove the lug nuts with an impact socket.

A dedicated EC-7R with specific center bore sounds great, I would consider a 19'' as a daily (or even 20x8.5 just so I can keep using the same Tesla-specific PS4S's)

Shipment is delayed with these. We are doing specials for those who don't mind waiting, please DM for pricing.

Regards,
Danny

Reactions: Bill Foster
Good News

Just got word from APEX these wheels should be shipping next week!
Thank you to those who took advantage and ordered through us. I'm glad it was barely a "delay".

At this moment in time, select authorized dealers are still able to put in orders at a promo pricing. If you're interested, I recommend you inquire soon, as we don't expect APEX to offer promo much longer now that wheels are about to ship.

Regards,
Danny

Last edited: