TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New app functionality?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Aug 30, 2018.

1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Maybe I just never noticed before, but on the Android app, when I pull down the notification bar, it says either connected or disconnected and if it's connected, offers unlock, open trunk or open frunk immediately. How long has this been there?

2. Nicolas007

Nicolas007 Member

I think it's very new, just noticed it yesterday too.

• Like x 1
  3. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I like that it provides easy access to the frunk. I haven't had any phone issues but I'm guessing this also helps with that for those having issues since the app now reliably stays running in the background.

• Disagree x 1
  4. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

For iPhone users.

Did anyone know about the widget add on for the Tesla app?

Just swipe right and you have quick access to vehicle charge, lock/unlock, frunk, turn ac on

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. Rsdavis9

Rsdavis9 Member

#5 Rsdavis9, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    I have noticed that notification seems to keep the app running in the background more. But I just had a situation where the app wasn't connected and the notification said not connected but the bluetooth says connected to the car. And in that state the only thing that fixes it is airplane mode.
    I have 3.4.4 of the app on android 8.1.0 nexus 5x
    and 32.2 of the car.

6. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

It came with the app update 2 days ago. Unlike from inside the app, it doesn't warn you that you could be unlocking your car or opening the frunk/trunk remotely, presumably because you're supposed to be within range and connected for those quick commands to work. I can see my parking space from my office and my phone says it's connected to my car while I'm inside my building even from 200 feet away. This makes it too easy to accidentally press the command to unlock or open the car since those buttons show up very prominently in the quick settings shade. I don't like persistent notifications, so disabled it completely. It's another function that it's helpful, but poorly designed and executed.

7. Fusion

Fusion Member

Now they just need to make it available on the Apple watch or Samsung Gear.

• Like x 1