Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New app functionality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that notification seems to keep the app running in the background more. But I just had a situation where the app wasn't connected and the notification said not connected but the bluetooth says connected to the car. And in that state the only thing that fixes it is airplane mode.
I have 3.4.4 of the app on android 8.1.0 nexus 5x
and 32.2 of the car.

Last edited:
It came with the app update 2 days ago. Unlike from inside the app, it doesn't warn you that you could be unlocking your car or opening the frunk/trunk remotely, presumably because you're supposed to be within range and connected for those quick commands to work. I can see my parking space from my office and my phone says it's connected to my car while I'm inside my building even from 200 feet away. This makes it too easy to accidentally press the command to unlock or open the car since those buttons show up very prominently in the quick settings shade. I don't like persistent notifications, so disabled it completely. It's another function that it's helpful, but poorly designed and executed.