Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New app issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Press and hold the Tesla app icon. It should pop up a small menu. Select clear badge. That should get rid of it until it checks for notifications again; it's not a total solution but it will keep that pesky number off the icon for a little while.

Press and hold the Tesla app icon. It should pop up a small menu. Select clear badge. That should get rid of it until it checks for notifications again; it's not a total solution but it will keep that pesky number off the icon for a little while.
I get select items(all home icons) remove from home (trash) uninstall; notifications it lists my car says connected. no option to clear badge

Assuming Android, it's an Android problem, not Tesla. To keep an app active, developers use a sticky notification. This keeps the app from sleeping, which was causing Bluetooth connection problems. If more phones had another reliable way of keeping a program active, this wouldn't be needed (although the notification .also provides quick access to frunk, trunk, and lock/unlock.) If it's Apple, I'd guess they do the same, but I'm not as familiar with that. Lookout mobile was using this method for a while, but now apparently has a way to stay active in the background without a visible notification.

The iPhone app let's the connection go, so when you come back to it you have to wait for it to wake up. But that's not needed to open ( f | t )runk, just click the button, it's ready to go the second you open the app, assuming you are close enough. If you are trying to do it across the internet, you'll have to wait.

-Randy

Press and hold the Tesla app icon. It s

hould pop up a small menu. Select clear badge. That should get rid of it until it checks for notifications again; it's not a total solution but it will keep that pesky number off the icon for a little while.
I get select items(all home icons) remove from home (trash) uninstall; notifications it lists my car says connected. no option to clear badge
Just saying we agree on one brand, it's amusing we don't agree on the other. So tribal, like Trump or Brexit.

-Randy
Just saying we agree on one brand, it's amusing we don't agree on the other. So tribal, like Trump or Brexit.

-Randy
Truthfully, I have no great allegiance to Samsung. I just am more comfortable with it. But I do object to Apple's strategy of making the phones obsolete. That's what's so awesome about our Teslas. Update? He zaps it to us! No need to buy a new car to get the latest safety features.

Trying to start an argument? That is SO Tribal. Falling for that bait, also tribal but what the heck:

An iPhone 5s (the 2013 phone) still runs the latest OS, and older phones only stopped supporting the latest THIS YEAR, and they still work JUST fine AND any security updates are still patched on the old OSs by Apple at the same speed of the new OS. So where are you getting this BS? Fox news? On our side of the planet, they tell us that 90% of activated Android phones are NOT running the current and most secure OS with no way to do so, true? I think so.

[mods, feel free to banish this part of the discussion]

-Randy

Trying to start an argument? That is SO Tribal. Falling for that bait, also tribal but what the heck:

An iPhone 5s (the 2013 phone) still runs the latest OS, and older phones only stopped supporting the latest THIS YEAR, and they still work JUST fine AND any security updates are still patched on the old OSs by Apple at the same speed of the new OS. So where are you getting this BS? Fox news? On our side of the planet, they tell us that 90% of activated Android phones are NOT running the current and most secure OS with no way to do so, true? I think so.

[mods, feel free to banish this part of the discussion]

-Randy

IPhone owners from several states sued Apple Inc. for not disclosing sooner that it issued software updates deliberately slowing older-model phones so aging batteries lasted longer, saying Apple's silence led them to wrongly conclude that their only option was to buy newer, pricier iPhones. If I'm not mistaken, Apple actually admitted to this.

Last edited:
Dude, where do you think elon has his car and battery factories?? 30,000 employees in ther US. As for the iPhone it is made in China and most of its component parts in other parts of Asia .very little is done in California dear.

Apple's numbers include 304,000 current U.S. jobs — 47,000 Apple employees in the U.S. (out of a total 70,000 employees around the world) and 257,000 jobs at "other companies" that touch and support its products.

Apple's numbers include 304,000 current U.S. jobs — 47,000 Apple employees in the U.S. (out of a total 70,000 employees around the world) and 257,000 jobs at "other companies" that touch and support its products.
It's also a lot older than tesla. Unfortunately our free trade philosophy does not apply to Tesla's production and sales so states like mine, NY, forbid tesla stores. Car lobby pays our legislators big bucks to block him.