Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New app not notifying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after installing the new phone iOS phone app, I am no longer receiving notifications.
Yesterday I charged to 90% at a supercharger and received no notifications whatsoever. Nothing for the usual "charging almost complete" at 80%, nothing when the car reached 90%, and nothing saying my car was done and I need to move it. (Although I was the only one charging). I was sitting there chatting with a friend not really paying attention to the time when it dawned on me I hadn't received anything. Checked the charge status and it showed "charging complete". No idea how long it had been that way. (It's REALLY hard to predict charging time in cold weather with a lukewarm battery). I'm guessing around 10-15 minutes.

Anybody else having issues with the new app?
(Yes, all notification options except "charging started" are turned on)

Well apparently it's a common problem. I'm sure Tesla would waive idle fees (if even charged) until the situation is corrected.

Since I know it's not just me, I'm not going to go through the motions of uninstall / reinstall the app, reboot, the car, etc.

I was charging at the SC in Fish Camp, CA near Yosemite at my hotel which had a Supercharger. There was this white MX that was plugged in overnight for two nights straight. He probably was not aware of the idle fee.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 73
On the new iOS app, notifications were working most of last week for me and then all of a sudden on Friday they no longer appear. Nothing changed on my phone or didn't change any settings in the app. In the app settings, it shows notifications are turned on, but nothing pops up on the phone to notify me when I start charging or charging completes. Same with my iOS notification settings; they are all on.

Prior to that, when the new app was released a couple of weeks ago, Calendar Sync was not working. I un-installed and re-installed the app, that fixed it.

same here! i just went into the iOS app and unchecked all notifications, then turned them back on.

How can they charge an idle fee if you don't get any notice of the charge state?!

I did the reinstall but that didn't help

Ditto I have no notifications after the update I've tried turning off and on the notifications, logging out and back in as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app nothing has restored the notifications yet.

I'm on iOS...