Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New app shows charging stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Madsen203

May 26, MYLR, White ext, Black int, Tow, 19”
Jun 1, 2021
Bay Area
The new app shows last 31 days. I hope they increase this to allow for monthly, annual, weekly, etc.

Love the data so far. It looks like they will slowly target the 3rd party apps to improve their own app. I like the simplified data.

Obviously it doesn’t show the behind the scenes of the data (ie/ power from battery or
Solar) but it gives you a good baseline of what you’re using.

I had to add my power supplier as the default setting for me was ConEd at 13 cents per kWh which is Chicago I assume. I live in southern IL serviced by Ameren IP. So I went in Setting and Custom and added Ameren IP entered my average cost of 11 cents and made it my DEFAULT. Works great. I wish they also displayed the miles driven during the reporting period. Then it would be a complete picture. Elon are you listening?

Alright so they were able to integrate my EV charge rates from my electric company and it knows my TOU schedule. Next step is to implement this in the charging so it’s not this whole mess it is now. I want to be able to plug it in and just charge during not peak rates. Plain and simple.

Attachments

• 85C395A8-6963-41E1-88C2-377E57F02624.png
    85C395A8-6963-41E1-88C2-377E57F02624.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
The problem with the way they show it, is by calendar day, not charging session. A daily charge stat is less valuable to me than by session, TBH. See comparison between the Tesla app and TezLab. Last night, I started charging at 10:30 pm Saturday and it lasted until after 3:00 am Sunday - so that session counted towards both Saturday and Sunday, according to the Tesla app.

IMG_2043.PNGIMG_2044.jpg

I'm on 2022.4, but I'm not sure the car needs to be at a certain SW level for the stats to show.... The ability to do this never showed up in the Release Notes of any SW update that I am aware of. My app is at 4.5.1-864. And you're on an iPhone?
Yes. iPhone. It requires newer software. I don’t know why I don’t get new update? Car is delivered 10 days ago, too new to get update?

I haven’t been able to spend enough times on the forum to figure out the difference BUT;

Same app user, 4.5.1-864 with two cars.

I have the Charge Stats option for the Y running 2021.44.30.10
I don’t have the Charge Stats option for the 3 running 2021.44.30.11

They’re both the 44.30 branches so not sure where the inconsistency is derived. To be clear, this is looking at both from the same app on the same phone.

I haven’t been able to spend enough times on the forum to figure out the difference BUT;

Same app user, 4.5.1-864 with two cars.

I have the Charge Stats option for the Y running 2021.44.30.10
I don’t have the Charge Stats option for the 3 running 2021.44.30.11

They’re both the 44.30 branches so not sure where the inconsistency is derived. To be clear, this is looking at both from the same app on the same phone.
Are you primary owner on both? For us, the Y is under my account and the 3 is under my wife, but she gave me access to it. So I can see the charging stats for the Y(my car) but not 3(guest access car)

• Helpful
Reactions: iamnid and RowdyMY
Just a note here, I don't like the fact that accessing/saving the info is tedious. I also don't like the charge rounded to the nearest kwh. They could do tenths of a kwh if they wanted (graph implies this).

If you are trying to figure out how much it costs you to charge from home, it only uses energy added, not energy drawn. So efficiency losses are ignored.

Some numbers I ran showed 70kwh (Tesla app) but more like 75kwh using Tezlab figures. Tesla has this data, or Tezlab would not have been able to collect it.