Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Arm Reat Protectors for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had many cars with leather arm rest, and they always show dirt and wear. I have a solution for my new Model S. I have had made these tacky, feels like leather arm guards. I made them in Black and Tan to almost match the tan and black Model S. I also have them for the center arm rest. They can easily be removed and replaced . No harm to the leather.
See attached photo of the before and after of my SC430 Lexus arm rest to make my point about wear.

I will make these available for $30.00 a set of 2 front doors and 2 center arm rest dye cut to fit the Model S.

Lexus SC430 version also ready to ship price at $40.00.

I am willing to make these for any car model that needs them protection. I will show how to make a template.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tesla Model S did not upload. Here goes again. Sorry for the Newbie mistakes.

Attachments

• 20131012_113023.jpg
    20131012_113023.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 20131012_113408.jpg
    20131012_113408.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 20131012_113331.jpg
    20131012_113331.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 20131010_115503.jpg
    20131010_115503.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,253
  • 20131010_173407.jpg
    20131010_173407.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,246
Great idea! I wonder if there is anything with this material that could be done to protect the "points" on the door pillars (see Seat post wear? - Page 18).

The pleather areas can't take much abuse. The guys with the "extended leather" option fare a bit better but not much.

All four "points" are very susceptible to getting completely worn through just getting in and out (on a non-leather door car).

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Any pics of them on the center arm rest? Can't tell from above. Also, if you're making custom ones, I've got this area I may want to try them out on: between the seat and center arm rest. Mine sometimes rubs against the center arm rest and squeaks.

Like AO I am now getting a creaking sound
as my drivers seat runs the plastic liner by the armrest. SC really offered no solution. I'd like to find something to coat my leather seat edge with that will look good and protect it (stop the creaking) from the plastic liner/guard.

Any pics of them on the center arm rest? Can't tell from above. Also, if you're making custom ones, I've got this area I may want to try them out on: between the seat and center arm rest. Mine sometimes rubs against the center arm rest and squeaks.

Will take pictures of center arm rest on Tuesday of this week. I will take a kook at that area and report back to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Like AO I am now getting a creaking sound
as my drivers seat runs the plastic liner by the armrest. SC really offered no solution. I'd like to find something to coat my leather seat edge with that will look good and protect it (stop the creaking) from the plastic liner/guard.

Will be looking at this. I don't have this problem yet.

Great idea! I wonder if there is anything with this material that could be done to protect the "points" on the door pillars (see Seat post wear? - Page 18).

The pleather areas can't take much abuse. The guys with the "extended leather" option fare a bit better but not much.

All four "points" are very susceptible to getting completely worn through just getting in and out (on a non-leather door car).

I have a solution for this problem and will post photos tomorrow.

Here is a preventive solution. $30 a pair front doors. http://youtu.be/ftr6DOp4JRU