Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Atlanta Store: 1580 Church St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon, local Tesla owners have observed SUPERCHARGING stations going in!

EDIT: 4 superchargers and 4 HPWC. Stunning change of events. Tesla must have gotten fed up with Atlantic Station taking forever, and looking to diversify locations anyway. Thanks go to Christian D. for the photos!
tesla-decatur-superchargers.jpg

tesla-decatur-HPWC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
This afternoon, local Tesla owners have observed SUPERCHARGING stations going in!

EDIT: 4 superchargers and 4 HPWC. Stunning change of events. Tesla must have gotten fed up with Atlantic Station taking forever, and looking to diversify locations anyway. Thanks go to Christian D. for the photos!
View attachment 62797
View attachment 62798

This is a good news. Where exactly is this located? Is this at 1580 Church St. location?

According to this Atlanta Business Chronicle story, it is opening on Monday. Local owners haven't received any word, so they may not have a ribbon cutting.

Tesla to open Decatur store Nov. 4 as battle with dealers rages on - Atlanta Business Chronicle

A local owner talked to someone onsite who said that the addition of the supercharging was a last minute surprise. So that confirms my hunch that Tesla got fed up with the Atlantic Station delays and got this done in Decatur so that they coudl finally put Atlanta on the map. Now, about Greenville or Charlotte ... either one would finally connect metro Atlanta with the northeast corridor ...

Local owners have been ambushing the poor folks at this construction site all day :) The latest word is that:
- Tesla inspection happening this afternoon
- supercharging will be available "immediately"
- Tesla plans to occupy the building tomorrow
- someone else heard that the building would be open to customers on Friday

Take all that with several grains of salt.

Sure looks like it. And that's just a couple miles from my house. I might have to stop by there every now and then.

what a nice surprise!! I wonder if I can get my car delivered there instead of Marietta. I'm scheduled for the 30th.

I'm wondering this myself. My original MS85 was to be delivered this month, but I pushed it out for a MS85D. Decatur is a bit more convenient than Marietta, coming from Gwinnett.

Some local owner reports from this afternoon:
- Superchargers were being worked on while a Service Center MS was charging (for testing purposes). A Tesla rep was there and said the superchargers would be online in two weeks (maybe one week if luck holds).
- Superchargers will be live today but maybe not turned on. Same thing with the HPWC. And remember that there is currently a gate blocking access to the parking lot after hours.
- The inside of the building is finished but empty and they do have their certificate of occupancy.
- huge red Tesla sign at street was being installed via crane this afternoon ...

Went by the new site today.
Looks close to being open.
There are four 80 Amp chargers in front of the store and 4 Superchargers on the side.
According to the electrical contractor, the Superchargers were installed backwards (all coordinated by someone that Tesla flew in from California). He is being paid to break the concrete and reinstall. It will take him 3 days once he gets the County work permit.
If you look closely you can see the holes with screw heads facing forward....they should be on the opposite side out of sight.
The Delivery room has another 80 Amp charger and looks ready to occupy as does the showroom.
All that is missing is a few cars on display.
With a Nissan dealer across the street and a BMW dealer next door, DEcatur now puts the E in electric.

Attachments

• Tes1.JPG
    Tes1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 309
  • Tes4.JPG
    Tes4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 314
  • Tes5.JPG
    Tes5.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
  • Tes6.JPG
    Tes6.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • Tesla1.JPG
    Tesla1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 356
  • Tesla2.JPG
    Tesla2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
Great pics and thanks for the update. How did you manage the inside pics? Others where being asked to leave over the past few days.

Went by the new site today.
Looks close to being open.
There are four 80 Amp chargers in front of the store and 4 Superchargers on the side.
According to the electrical contractor, the Superchargers were installed backwards (all coordinated by someone that Tesla flew in from California). He is being paid to break the concrete and reinstall. It will take him 3 days once he gets the County work permit.
If you look closely you can see the holes with screw heads facing forward....they should be on the opposite side out of sight.
The Delivery room has another 80 Amp charger and looks ready to occupy as does the showroom.
All that is missing is a few cars on display.
With a Nissan dealer across the street and a BMW dealer next door, DEcatur now puts the E in electric.