Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New audio bug w/ Waze

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in the past week and most recent release, both in my Model S and my Model 3, when my iPhone has Waze active (constant for me), the initial act of opening Waze takes over hands-free audio and completely changes/worsens the sound quality of whatever is music or podcast is playing in the car.

Since it's happening in both cars, I assume it's a software problem. I can't figure out if it's a Waze problem or a Tesla problem. Basically, signing into Waze basically "picks up the phone" and turns the radio into the sound quality of a cell-phone call.

Anyone else noticing this? Is there a settings tweak in Waze or Tesla that will return this back to normal (i.e. back to it working as it all did for the past 5 years)?

--David

Had the exact same problem and it was driving me crazy... luckily I found a solution:
Go to settings, Voice & Sound, Voice Commands (Talk to Waze), and Turn off the "say OK Waze"
Instantly back to normal and also no sound lag when switching between apps either... Hope it helps you too

Had the exact same problem and it was driving me crazy... luckily I found a solution:
Go to settings, Voice & Sound, Voice Commands (Talk to Waze), and Turn off the "say OK Waze"
Instantly back to normal and also no sound lag when switching between apps either... Hope it helps you too

CraigWatson, you da man! :)

Thank you so much. --David

P.S. Over the past several months I'd also noticed that when I switched to Waze, or back, my audio would briefly pause. It's just as you said -- sounds like that's fixed too. Yay!

Craig (or anyone else), as long as I have you:

Are you doing what I'm doing and just using Waze on your iPhone as there's no integration (yet... after five years!) with Tesla? I really would love to see my iPhone Waze readout as my car's display readout, instead of having to mount my phone to my windshield to fully enjoy Waze....

Craig (or anyone else), as long as I have you:

Are you doing what I'm doing and just using Waze on your iPhone as there's no integration (yet... after five years!) with Tesla? I really would love to see my iPhone Waze readout as my car's display readout, instead of having to mount my phone to my windshield to fully enjoy Waze....

I do this with @BearBu’s HDMI interface.

Simply install a little bluetooth speaker. Connect this speaker with you phone. In the Waze settings chose Voice settings and Standard Device. In the Waze standard page, click on the speaker en chose your new bluetooth speaker. All message from Waze will come through this new speaker. When someone calls you it will come through your Tesla audio system.

Simply install a little bluetooth speaker. Connect this speaker with you phone. In the Waze settings chose Voice settings and Standard Device. In the Waze standard page, click on the speaker en chose your new bluetooth speaker. All message from Waze will come through this new speaker. When someone calls you it will come through your Tesla audio system.