Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Auto-dimming Bad For Older Drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest update brings adjustments to the screen and cabin dimming. The development group must be a bunch of kids, because when it drops to 15%, I can barely see the screen and it is even difficult to find the setting to adjust the brightness back up since it is so dark. Tesla - consider your audience, not just yourselves.

I'm not even very old and I agree completely. However - you CAN still ramp up the brightness if you go into the settings. I think (but haven't confirmed) that once you change the base brightness level it will vary itself from there.

Need more time with it. But for now - go into the display settings and drag the brightness slide up a little.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
It should remember your setting. Wait for it to get dark, then turn it up to whatever level you're comfortable with. I run ours between 1% and 3% at night and have no issues, but I'm just a youngster in his late 30s. :)

Edit: I'm also still on 2019.16.2, so I'm not sure what changes they made with 2019.20.

The latest update brings adjustments to the screen and cabin dimming. The development group must be a bunch of kids, because when it drops to 15%, I can barely see the screen and it is even difficult to find the setting to adjust the brightness back up since it is so dark. Tesla - consider your audience, not just yourselves.
It's not you. They screwed it up. When in "auto", it's way too dark now. You can adjust the value, but it goes dim again the next time you start the car. For now, disable "auto" and set a manual brightness. I also tried the reset that some have suggested and will see if it helps later today when it gets dark.

Just reboot, When I saw it going too dark, I suspected that it was getting incorrect reading from ambient light sensors. The reboot probably reset the sensors (or their interface) and it immediately went back to 50% in my garage without me making any adjustments.