Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Auto Wiper Issue. Can't keep them on in rain even in manual mode

rjpjnk

Mar 12, 2021
NJ
I am familiar with the many stories about auto wipers turning on too much or too little, but last night in heavy rain I discovered another issue.

Since the auto feature is often unreliable I typically use the manual setting to put the wipers at one of the settings 1 through 4. I had them running on speed 3 last night and they would start out at the normal speed 3 rate and then after about 1 minute they would change to a much lower and irregular speed. It was as if they reverted back to Auto, but when I look at the wiper control panel I can see that 3 is still selected.

If I then press 2 and then 3 it goes back to the normal 3 speed and repeats.

So basically there was no way I could keep the wipers on constantly in the rain, and that is not good. I don't remember this happening before. I assume it is a bug.

Anyone else experienced this?

I am on SW ver 2022.4.5.17, but just got notification that 2022.8.3 is available to download.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
I would submit a ticket before updating, just to log the issue, if nothing else. They need to rule out something going on with a bad connection or flakey wiper button or similar.

But even if it gets fixed in a later release for you, they need to know it happened, so they can avoid it in the future. And if it then comes back in a future release, they have a record of it.

rjpjnk

Mar 12, 2021
NJ
Sounds like a good idea. By submit a ticket do you mean use the phone app to make a service appointment or is there another option?

EDIT: I used the phone app and described the issue and it resulted in a mobile service visit being scheduled. Interesting as I've never been offered mobile service previously (I assumed due to distance). Last time had to drive to a Service Center. This is so much more convenient.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC