Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Base Wheels - 19" Silver Slipstream in Model S Design Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not heard. A few folks here with current orders have received notice of their config changing. They are likely cast not forged and since there is less free space than the older stock wheel they are probably heavier or the same weight. They will afford a restricted view of the discs and calipers, but may be less fiddly to clean.

Last edited:
Would be very interesting to know the weight.

Probably very close the original OEM 19" wheels according to a Tesla engineer:

OEM Weights:

• 19" Wheels: 13.74kg ~30.2 lbs.
  • 19" All Season Tires: 27 lbs (Eagle RS-A2 245/45 19")
  • Factory 19" Wheel+Tire+TPMS+Center cap: 58.6 lbs.

• 21" Wheels: 35 lbs.
  • 21" Continental Extreme Contact DW Tires: 26 lbs.
  • Factory 21" Wheel+Tire+TPMS+Center cap: 62.4 lbs.

A few detailed photos of the new Slipstream wheels ... interesting valve design cutout.

View attachment 113962

Attachments

• IMG_4708.JPG
    IMG_4708.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4710.JPG
    IMG_4710.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 270
No way the cyclones are 21 lbs (lighter than the best 19" forged wheels at 23lbs) ... perhaps you meant 31 lbs. What is your source?
I think you are right. I misread another source that was actually referring to the tsw nuremburg forged wheels at 21 lbs. Can't find another source for weight of cyclones. Except Tesla says that they are the best wheels for mileage/range and that can only be due to weight or aerodynamics or most likely both.

Thank you Buckeye. This was very helpful. I was upset that I missed the slipstream by one day, but now I am not so sure. The outer rim seams a little thick to me. Although I like the even-ness of these more than the staggered cyclones, overall, I think the cyclones have a more refined look. I think I may just go for the Rial's, in the graphite color too.

Don't know how I feel about the new 19's. I see them on the model X in videos and it just seems like it doesn't match well.
Would be nice if they are indeed lighter than the outgoing ones.

Anyone else think that the design studio makes the old 19's look better than they do in real life?
I've seen a few that have been painted dark. seems improve appearance a bit.