TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New batch of invites 4/10

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by LonestarV, Apr 10, 2018.

1. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

New invites being reported in the spreadsheet and around the interwebs. All line-waiters so far so looks like Elon may have indeed corrected that issue.

As if you haven't already 15 times today, check your Tesla account! :)

• Like x 3
  2. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Maybe this changed also today, I am happily surprised to see a change of "Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive" to Mid '18

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  3. UCIBtheG

UCIBtheG Member

Checked earlier today, no dice. Got the e-mail notice that my car was ready to be configured during my lunch break. Pretty great birthday gift!

• Like x 5
  4. JES2

JES2 Member

Got my invite today. I was a line waiter in Dallas at around 1 pm. Dual Motor AWD also has changed to mid-2018 in the Coming Soon section. I'll probably select that option, since I want AWD, plus I am hoping that the problems with the phone entry get resolved by then.

• Like x 2
  5. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

I heard from a few others that they finally got invites today as well. Seems like it may have been a big batch opening up now.

• Like x 2
  6. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

#6 P&J-W, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Line waiter San Rafael... 11:30 day one --- Invite 1:30 configured and saved 1:45 .
    Elon must have fixed the scheduling ... stamping our little feet must have helped.
    :)
    red,aero,pup,funding all the auto everything to incentivise Elon to get all the cameras to work ...
    Yes we understand self driving will take some time but need to keep them on the hook and fund the process.

By e-mail -- checked several time this am with no change but email did come F5 every 2 minutes might work :) :)

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  7. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

Line waiter in WA, Bellevue. 3:00 PM finally booked.

Got invite in the most weird way - I got an email. I had been dutifully refreshing every 5 minutes the last month - but after Canadian invites, I gave up.

• Funny x 2
  8. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

#8 Moderatefan, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Heck... they need to slow down...sending invites every 4 days. 200K is right around the corner.
    Someone, tell them you don't want your invites so soon.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Svetlin

Svetlin Member

Got the email 5:06 pm today (EST).
    In-store reservation around 6pm on 3/31/16 in Boston

• Like x 1
  10. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Noon-time reservation in-person at Palo Alto service center. Got my invite today.
    My wife made the point that if they pushed out invites to all the USA in-person 3/31 reservations today that people may not get their cars in the expected time frame. Of course, that depends a lot on the take rate of the First Production configuration.

• Like x 1
  11. mrsandman

mrsandman Member

From what I heard there is a page view counter buried in the script of your delivery status page. The higher page count gets priority over lower page counts. Refresh away everyone! :D

• Funny x 1
  12. MistaEV

MistaEV Member

New poster, long time lurker. I also received an invite today. I put my money down in person on 3/31/16 in the afternoon (no line at that time) in VA. I have/had an April-June time frame for delivery. Hit refresh today and noticed it said "Available Now" where the date used to be. Took me about 20 minutes to notice the button where it said "Start Designing".

• Like x 3
  13. vljenkin

vljenkin New Member

I got my invite at 2:20pm today. In person on 3/31/16 in Scottsdale Az with no line.

• Like x 2
  14. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Seriously? There was no line in Arizona? Most EV friendly state where all companies test their self driving technologies?

15. CRL7

CRL7 Member

Got an email at 4:06pm CST. In store reservation in Chicago, reserved around 12:30 on 3/31.

• Like x 1
  16. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Just got a text from my friend that he got his invite today and ordered. San Jose Calif., non-owner, 3/31 line waiter. So happy for him and all you guys.

• Like x 1
  17. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

We deferred and have had that since I think mid-February I think. But from Elon's last text of AWD with a July timeframe, sounds on track.

18. gdouglas70

gdouglas70 Member

I believe the configurator has had that all along (hard coded). I believe you should trust your Delivery Estimator as those appear to vary by your reservation time.

19. drawfour

drawfour Member

One of my friends was a line-waiter in Bellevue, WA, and he got his invite today. I was an online-the-next-day, so I'm expecting it'll be a while for me. I'm jelly!

20. Stretch2727

Stretch2727 Engineer and Car Nut

Got my invite today. First day reservation in store about 6PM.

Now I need to decide if I go for it or wait for AWD.

• Like x 1