TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

new battery 85kw

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by mercer2, Jul 2, 2017.

1. mercer2

mercer2 Member

Hi,

i had my battery replaced last week due to my car stating serive needed on battery.

when I received my car I noticed thta the vattery model number is nowhere to be found
    1088792-00-A

i saw an increase in range at 100% i get 260 miles before I had 247

also fyi my car is a 2015 model s P85D with ludicrous upgrade and staggered wheel setup.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. agloutney

agloutney Member

Good to know. My car is awaiting a loaner pack and will be shipped to California to be refurbished. I wanted to take a pic of the Part number but the sticker behind the front right wheel was gone. It was a December 2014 85kWh pack with minimal degradation until it died overnight in my driveway.
    How long did it take for them to replace your pack?

3. mercer2

mercer2 Member

they took 2 days to replace it

4. Testwa

Testwa Member

I assume the analysis and decision that a new replacement is needed and the delivery of a spare part took two days. Exchanging battery was demonstrated a while ago and could be done in less than 15min or so.

5. agloutney

agloutney Member

I guess they happened to have one on hand. I've been waiting two weeks just for a loaner pack. Oh well, they lent me a 100D so they can take their sweet time haha.

6. mercer2

mercer2 Member

Actually I waited 10 days for the battery to arrive, and the work took 2 days due to testing.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not "kw". It's also same unit on your electricity bill.

• Informative x 1
  8. snd92

snd92 Member

I think he has reduced power output on his new battery, 85 kW = 114 hp :p:D. ( Should be ~460 kW)