Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New battery pack on a three week old car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jpd1004

Picked up my new Model 3 on 11/23. On 12/8 error message told me the vehicle could not be charged. Brought into service 12/13 and found today, 12/16 that I need a new battery pack. By the time it gets here and the repair is done. approximately three weeks according the very nice service center rep, I will have had a Tesla loaner longer than I have had my new Tesla.

Feel like I've made a huge mistake. Near impossible to get a human to talk even when you can find a number to call. Thoughts?

Toyota also bet big on hydrogen fuel cell over battery EV.
Hydrogen fuel for cars is a waste of time. It's makes no sense to use electricity to create the H2, then transport it around, put it in a vehicle, and convert it back to electricity. Talk about a stupid business case and waste of energy. The only industry where it might make sense is for airplanes since the weight of batteries is a major hurdle to overcome (at least for now).

Reactions: DuncanM and BigNick
Upvote 0
In the near term this is a viable strategy especially since hybrids are Toyota's strength. They are waiting for the EV marketplace and charging infrastructure to mature then transition to a bland/reliable "Prius" like EV experience. Just my $.02.
I'm fine with them wanting to milk the hybrids, but they shouldn't do it while naysaying EVs and dragging their feet. If they gave equal attention to both types and came out with a Prius EV, I probably would have been driving that.

Reactions: DuncanM
Upvote 0