Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the images it is unless they modified the coax to support the higher data bandwidth for the rear cam. I hope its the same

Coax supports speeds up to 10Mbps -> 100bps. No one even uses low speed Coax anymore so it would be odd to have a low bandwidth version. It would be even more pricey from lack of availability.

Hmm I wonder when DR750S will get released and if they improved on the dynamic range over the current DR650S?

Question: The DR650 comes in various size. Are those internal memory or it is the microSD card that it comes with that is different? Meaning would be cheaper to by the low memory and buy the microSD separately?

Thanks guys. First real damage to our car and it hurts seeing it. Hubby took car into Tesla this morning after stopping at the PD in San Jose (happened while having dinner in SJ). He has a loaner MS90/D? in meantime. Should get a call this afternoon about repair time (will probably cost us around $1100-1200--expensive dinner). Anyway back to focusing on the DR650S-2ch, here's a few image captures from the video. Hubby had taken car that morning to a place he hikes and as you can tell the rear window wasn't totally clean. That plus the fact that this happened with the rear of the car facing West with the sun low in the sky and the perps car directly in that path was unfortunate. So advice, keep your windows clean and watch how you park! The perp spent under a minute at our car. While we couldn't get a license plate under these circumstances, the car is a white 2-door, probably 2013, Chevy Camero. Not sure how footage would have faired with the upcoming DR750S, but expect nighttime view and increased resolution is all for the better. Filed a report and provided a USB stick with the 3 minute video but pretty sure nothing will be investigated. No funds for this type of crime which sounds pretty rampant in this area. You stand a better chance of getting justice for a car accident, so still worth pursuing the best dashcam you can for that purpose.

Breakin_081317 - 1 (1).jpg Breakin_081317 - 6.jpg Breakin_081317 - 4.jpg Breakin_081317 - 5.jpg Breakin_081317 - 2.jpg Breakin_081317 - 3.jpg

We do like Blackvue and being able to wire the MS for continuous recording (we're using a Blackvue 128GB microSD card). No video was truncated in any recording mode so you can review every minute--that gave us the ability to see if they were casing the parking lot but never saw the car except for that short period. From what I've read the ability of having continuous video especially with FHD is not available on other competitors dashcams, so we'll be sticking with Blackvue.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder when DR750S will get released and if they improved on the dynamic range over the current DR650S?

Question: The DR650 comes in various size. Are those internal memory or it is the microSD card that it comes with that is different? Meaning would be cheaper to by the low memory and buy the microSD separately?

Yup, it's external on a SD card. But the Blackvue is very picky on compatible SD cards so you will have to purchase the blackvue sd card that cost 2x compared to a regular one.

I have one on a Trendnet card that works fine but my other Blackvue only works on the Blackvue cards

Reactions: smilepak
Reservations were for 6pm and lot with Pier One and The Fish Market pretty full with early diners. Not much choice. Lady who parked 2 spaces down from us, not affected, but said SJ is getting really bad for this kind of thing. Said she had 2 car window breakins (separate) with her car and when she was in a parking garage in the area recently saw 4 cars with smashed windows. Hubby was bluntly told something like over 400 calls on average for this per day and no real staff to respond (major staffing issue in recent years due to salary and pension issues) and other crimes take precedent. Its all over the bay area around here though.

A few months ago we pulled into Home Depot in Gilroy and interrupted a car breakin. Looking for a parking space noticed a guy with some long tool over his shoulder (in retrospect probably a crow bar) standing near a car with the trunk up and as we approach in our car he walks away, trunk still up, walks a few rows over to another car and gets in and they slowly leave. Told customer service what we thought we saw and it turned out the car was one of the cs people's. The guy was rifling through her trunk apparently but left empty handed. Understand there's a lot of this down that way too. This Home Depot BTW is just down the street from the Gilroy Superchargers which if you've been there are kind of off to the side parking lot of the Outlets. It is a popular charging spot off 101 but still if you are stopping there should be aware of.

Last edited:

I need to put my review in, the 650S is crap.
I purchased one last December and had it replaced 2 times already.
The past 8 months, it's been in my car for 3 months.

If the GPS feature does not work consistently, BlackVue will tell you it's because your(our) windshields have a coating that is blocking the signal. That's BS because the GPS works fine for 3-4 weeks then goes bad.

• Informative
Reactions: outie
I need to put my review in, the 650S is crap.
I purchased one last December and had it replaced 2 times already.
The past 8 months, it's been in my car for 3 months.

If the GPS feature does not work consistently, BlackVue will tell you it's because your(our) windshields have a coating that is blocking the signal. That's BS because the GPS works fine for 3-4 weeks then goes bad.
I was wondering why it wouldn't show the GPS location of my vehicle. I'm definitely not impressed at all, especially with the night time visibility rendering it useless.

Sorry you've had trouble on your end. I can see where that would be really frustrating. Blackvue is used by a lot of people here on the forum and some have been using it in their cars for a number of years already.

We've had ours installed since April and had it working since then. We've had a few incidents over the months with "pink/green" glitched video issues on rear camera only but think those might have been times due to overheating at the back window where the operating temperature was exceeded. Not sure though and hasn't been a permanent sitution. We were able to clear the issue on reboot and recording was fine after that. We do attempt to reformat our Blackvue camera more or less monthly as advised and our 64GB and 128GB card have been fine. Our GPS has been ok, it doesn't grab the signal until we leave the house after being parked until we get a bit down our street. Assume this is kind of the norm, otherwise no problems with it when watching videos with it recorded. The GPS files are there on our card if we want to view with our videos. Think we've updated firmware twice now I think since owning it. Last update our clock time syncing was off. Didn't happen the time before that so believe it was software issue. It took us a bit to get comfortable with the operating instructions, and were checking with the manual on things like formatting for use with the Mac. We do think their software could be better.

I will add that we don't use the cloud feature.

Last edited:
I was wondering why it wouldn't show the GPS location of my vehicle. I'm definitely not impressed at all, especially with the night time visibility rendering it useless.

Curious how are you trying to view the GPS data on your car? It gets automatically recorded as part of the video and should show up if you are using the Blackvue Viewer app. Have you checked using the app to see if its there?

If that's your car in your avatar it looks like you have pretty dark tint on your windows. It will affect the visibility of the camera and make it even worse at nighttime. People who put heavy tint on their side mirrors have reported having difficulty looking out their side window and viewing their side view mirror which has auto dimming built in (at least on our car it does). So some big disadvantages to dark tint. I've seen a post from someone on here who did a cut out on his liftgate tint so his camera (don't recall which make/model) could have an unobstructed view.

Sucks to hear this, hopefully the police will take care of this person. How was the visibility if this was done at night? I just installed mine, but it can't see anything at night since it doesn't have IR.

The IR camera is designed for use inside the vehicle to see passengers. Like for taxi cabs etc. The IR is not ideal for nighttime recording. It also will alter the colors since it filters some out. The newer low light sensors like on the 750S will improve nighttime recording.

Check out the info on BlackBoxMyCar's website on the IR version: BlackVue DR650S-2CH IR

Curious how are you trying to view the GPS data on your car? It gets automatically recorded as part of the video and should show up if you are using the Blackvue Viewer app. Have you checked using the app to see if its there?

If that's your car in your avatar it looks like you have pretty dark tint on your windows. It will affect the visibility of the camera and make it even worse at nighttime. People who put heavy tint on their side mirrors have reported having difficulty looking out their side window and viewing their side view mirror which has auto dimming built in (at least on our car it does). So some big disadvantages to dark tint. I've seen a post from someone on here who did a cut out on his liftgate tint so his camera (don't recall which make/model) could have an unobstructed view.
When I access the app, the GPS location never shows for me. I don't have any tint on the front window, and all around my car is 25%.

When I access the app, the GPS location never shows for me. I don't have any tint on the front window, and all around my car is 25%.

Just to be sure I understand your situtation, when you put your microSDcard into your computer and view it in the Blackvue Viewer app are you saying don't see any GPS coordinates listed above the file/map tabs? Unfortunately our car is in the shop getting the new window so not sure how much help I can be but first trying to figure out if the camera isn't recording the info or if it's more of a software/displaying thing here. Also might be helpful to know which computer/device you are not seeing this on. I'm a Mac/iPhone user.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 10.35.54 AM.png

Last edited: