Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New BlackVue Firmware today for 750s and 650s cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tech_Guy

ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade
May 6, 2016
Los Angeles
Just saw this pop up for the 750S and 650S

for the 750S
WHAT’S NEW:
  1. Improved image quality:
    – Decreased sharpening for a more natural-looking image and overall improved details.
    – Better noise reduction at night and in dark environments.
    IMPORTANT: new Brightness Default value: 3. Since the DR750S Series retains settings upon upgrade, you may want to readjust the Brightness on your dashcam after upgrading (previous firmware version’s default Brightness was 1).
  2. New Extreme Mode with 25Mbps bitrate for the front camera. Please note: file size and Wi-Fi transfer time will more than double if you choose this mode.
  3. New Enhanced Night Vision setting options: On (Always) / On (Parking mode only) / Off.
  4. New Wi-Fi Auto Turn On option (On/Off).
  5. Improved Cloud hotspot connection scenario and fixed Cloud-related voice alerts.
  6. Improved Parking Mode Voice Notification scenario to reduce false positives (such as opening/closing doors): the dashcam will ignore all Events occurring in the 3-minutes before exiting Parking Mode.
for the 650S
WHAT’S NEW:
Version 1.010:

1) Stability improvements.
2) Dashcam SSID (Network name) changed to the format “BlackVue650S-XXXXXX”.

another new update for 750S 1.004 released today 2.27.18 and a new phone app to work with it.

1. Added Live Auto-upload support (with BlackVue App version 2.68 and higher). Let your dashcam save instantly a live stream to the Cloud when an Event is triggered (by impact or manually).
  2. Improved Wi-Fi connection process.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
For the 750S, it now forces me to setup/save the wifi credentials to my phone and use those instead of saving the credentials within the app. Historically this has caused connection issues, and as expected the direct wifi is now broken for me. I can connect to the camera's network but I always get the "failed to connect wifi" error when trying to load the videos.