Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New breed of Model 3 drivers out there.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have trouble waving fast enough and with all of the Teslas with tinted windows it is hard to see if there is a reply. I have started flashing my lights. Generally I don't get a reply. There are so many around here that it is a very mainstream vehicle. Every now and then I get a reply.

Interesting that this is a topic on here. I got my MS in Sept and some guy in a M3 waved to me as if we are buddies or something.

Sorry but just because we own the same mfr automobile doesn't mean we're in some exclusive club that we have to salute each other. I've driven tons of other car makes and not one single person in a Chevy truck every waved to me, or honda driver given me a nod.

I know these cars are neat, and a super joy to own and drive, but if you wave at me, don't expect anything in return....... it's just a car at the end of the day, not some automatic token of friendship among owners.

Interesting that this is a topic on here. I got my MS in Sept and some guy in a M3 waved to me as if we are buddies or something.

Sorry but just because we own the same mfr automobile doesn't mean we're in some exclusive club that we have to salute each other. I've driven tons of other car makes and not one single person in a Chevy truck every waved to me, or honda driver given me a nod.

I know these cars are neat, and a super joy to own and drive, but if you wave at me, don't expect anything in return....... it's just a car at the end of the day, not some automatic token of friendship among owners.
Well you are on the UK/Ireland forum you know. Teslas are a little less common here so people still feel like an early adopter community. but thanks for the heads up. If I every visit a Bay Area I'll be sure to bear it in mind.

Reactions: drewpost

That's because this thread is on the UK/Ireland section of the forum. A Tesla is still a relatively rare and "exotic" car here. I generally don't drive on motorways much so I have still only seen one M3 driving along the road whilst I have been driving over the past couple of months. It is not an everyday vehicle here and the first ones only arrived a few months ago. There is also a strong anti electric vehicle and anti Tesla contingent amongst our population. It's a big deal to take that step for us. It requires an act of faith for some of us and is symbolic of our belief that this is an important step towards the future of motoring.

Specifically with regard to the M3 there are people who have really stretched to afford their car .. they are not necessarily used to committing so much money. This may be the cheapest car Tesla has produced but it's 3 times more than I have ever spent on a vehicle. Believe me I do feel like am in "some kind of exclusive club" and I count my blessings every day that I can afford this level of luxury when some others are queueing at a food bank to feed their kids. Congratulations that you can feel that driving your Model S is something ordinary and not worth acknowledging. Just thank your lucky stars and be prepared to crack a smile occasionally when someone with a little more gladness in their heart greets you on the road.

I have trouble waving fast enough and with all of the Teslas with tinted windows it is hard to see if there is a reply. I have started flashing my lights. Generally I don't get a reply. There are so many around here that it is a very mainstream vehicle. Every now and then I get a reply.
It's uniqueness has disappeared in a lot of places, for sure. I read where some guy said you can't swing a dead cat in LA without hitting three of them. LOL

I have never understood why anyone would want to swing a dead cat. I know it is an old saying, but it got me wondering if ever there was a time when people actually did swing dead cats?!
I don't know about dead cats but the saying 'not enough room to swing a cat' is an old Navy saying. It refers to a cat o' nine tails which was used for discipline. It needed room to be administered, hence the saying.
As a warning, the cat o' nine tails would be removed from its bag for all to see hence "letting the cat out of the bag".

When did the cat became a dead cat? I have no idea.