Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New breed of Model 3 drivers out there.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be a shame if such a fast vehicle fell into the hands of the leadfootnobrain folk. A bad rep will ensue.

However, as a pensioner driver, I do get great joy, when sitting quietly at traffic lights, a car revving and inching, in the next lane. The lights change and as I look back, see they are still revving and inching! What larks!

Skinning the cat may also be referenced back to the cat o'nine. Those being flogged had to make their own cat for the purpose!

I wonder if anyone invented a blunt one!

Looking at online reviews, it seems clear that the Model 3 is being pitted against boy-racer cars by quite a few of them. It's absolutely inevitable that the boy-racers will want one, just as they wanted a BMW M3 or, perhaps, an Audi S4. These pillocks aren't going to stick with a "slower" BMW or Audi now there is a faster car available, are they?

Looking at online reviews, it seems clear that the Model 3 is being pitted against boy-racer cars by quite a few of them. It's absolutely inevitable that the boy-racers will want one, just as they wanted a BMW M3 or, perhaps, an Audi S4. These pillocks aren't going to stick with a "slower" BMW or Audi now there is a faster car available, are they?

Unfortunately you are absolutely right. Oh dear!

To those concerned that the M3 will get a reputation as a yobs car once the company car buying kicks in. Yup probably, but that never did the Audi A3 or BMW 3 series any harm sales wise so I think Tesla will be just fine. As for how YOU will be perceived. Yup you will be lumped in as being a thoughtless, aggressive,immature a55hole. But it will make a change from being thought of as a rich, smug, tree hugging, elitist a55hole. Soi there is that

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Adopado
I didn't realize this was the UK thread, just clicked on "new threads" and this came up and since I had someone wave I thought I'd put my .02 pence in.

Very thoughtful of you to apply a currency exchange to your post in the UK thread!

(sorry to the Irish contingent on that, but on the plus side, 2p roughly = EUR0.02 in the Brexit world)

Reactions: isracing
I haven't been paying much attention to waves, but one of my first thoughts after getting my Model 3 last year was...it's going to be insane when the majority of the public owns these vehicles. Hopefully, we can all be on FSD before it becomes a total nightmare, but not holding my breath.

Watch out because there is a new breed of Model 3 driver out there.
Back in the day, we all used to give a friendly wave to each other. I'm talking way back in August.
I still do, however I'm not getting the same level of response as I used to.
I suspect the community may have been penetrated by some riff-raff
Whatever next? AA patrolmen will stop saluting soon...

I have a Signature Red MS and on my island in the North Pacific I’ve been waving for years. The leaf guys thought they could join in for a while but with the introduction of the M3 all civility has gone down hill.

I hope you have better luck on your island in the North Atlantic and keep on waving.

The ‘club’ is less about being Tesla owners than it is about being EV drivers, still pretty rare relatively speaking.

If I could easily tell if another brand was an EV, I’d give a short wave to them as well. It is just that Tesla’s are more easily identifiable and, in my opinion, look fantastic.

I gave a wave to a M3 we passed just after I had my car in June and got a nice wave back. My son and daughter-in-law in the back both exclaimed ‘how cute!’. Not sure about that, but it did feel good to know I was in a new ‘club’.

Reactions: Adopado
In the late '60s I had a Corvette and every drivers waved to each other. Mostly it was just lifting your fingers up from the steering wheel but leaving your palm on it. Reminiscing, I Googled "corvette owners wave" and found these links
The Wave Rule » Vettes in Perfection
Ownership 101 - 10 Commandments and The Wave - Texas Corvette Association

Exactly ... I rest my case! Also good to know that it's not just us strange Brits that do it from time to time. And there's some joy in it! Anyone remember fun?