Agree likely mcuThe infotainment system uses the MCU (Nvidia Tegra 3 for MCU1, Intel Atom units for MCU2 and in Model 3/Y), not the HW3.
If you have an old MCU1 and HW3, the UI is even slower as the MCU can't keep up. However that has nothing to do with the actual FSD processing (which is handled by HW3).
Slow Infotainment after HW3 upgrade
Right now Tesla haven't even used up the HW2.5 resources yet (I remember other threads that said they were still developing for HW2.5, haven't started taking advantage of HW3), much less HW3.
- I bought FSD when it was on sale. (I got EAP with my purchase.)You are all telling me that ... after paying for it all! Getting everything!
never were u frustrated about not getting FSD ? .... fsd beta etc... or with car crash ?
Never, not even 1% ... of u ..
Thank you .., i was like you ! Very much so !!! My mindset.- I bought FSD when it was on sale. (I got EAP with my purchase.)
- I was fully aware that I was purchasing a potential Level 2 driver assist system (and no more).
- I got it for the future active safety enhancements and improved performance on the highway (which I expected to lag City Streets development)
- I have always viewed it as a toy and anything that I get is a bonus.
- I bought it fully aware of Elon's track record and the history of FSD.
- I'm happy with the gradual feature additions and improvement performance of the car over time. It's definitely better than it used to be, and annoying things are usually fixed.
Never been frustrated about FSD. Never had any problematic car UI crashes (if this is happening all the time you should have Tesla address it; that is not normal).
It's all about expectations.
The closest I've come to being disappointed was that I thought there was actually ~50/50 chance of the button coming in March (which I was wrong about). But I certainly was not surprised or frustrated that it didn't arrive.
I used to be frustrated about the basic performance of NoA, but it's far smoother than it used to be. So no longer frustrated. It still needs improvement (like with very occasional annoying phantom braking) but I always expected that it would underperform the promise.
I have a Model 3 you have a Model S (?) so YMMV.
It sounds like you haven't tried to have it serviced, since you didn't mention that obvious first step. You apparently have some hardware problems that Tesla would be happy to fix. EDIT: in a subsequent post, he said these are all fixed.Bash is real. Why is $100k+ / car company ... acting this way to loyalist.
1) please explain. I was a loyalist. Mcu is 2018+. Its crash history is real. Half baking $100+k ... in reality. Its nice when it works. But its borderline crazy. To keep reseting, buggy 🕷car.... buggy software ... then even when u promote it, to then “preferably” after paying for it “chose” to give u fsd, then take it back ? Really? . Like you all .. which I admire; you are all truly heroes for going on a “ride...” I’m fine. I’ll shut up. Maybe I just need therapy. But i have no faith it will “happen” glitchy as it has been! I’ve put money where my mouth is. And believe me I know... i have all hardware, software.. updates etc etc.. its my guess.. it “wont” be ... it can work for 2000 cars. Not 2 million.
Group therapy. Tell me ... i’m the only one resetting the car due to software crash.
Maybe i’ll leave it alone. Go get something different. After years it will become a relic. Tesla sees it every month. I report bugs verbally on it, via the verbal commands. Maybe u are right. Its a new month to drive it to Milford, ct tesla service ! New issue. After letting folks know.. i used to get nav on autopilot.. they then removed it “its not allowed in my region” ... despite me paying for it all upfront.It sounds like you haven't tried to have it serviced, since you didn't mention that obvious first step. You apparently have some hardware problems that Tesla would be happy to fix.
But you're over the top with respect to FSD, and if you in fact have a squirrely display computer, would you want that wigging out when driving on FSD? Get your car fixed. (And you do yourself no favor in complaining about problems with a car you're trying to sell.)
Nothing you're saying makes any sense. Take this to private therapy (and to Tesla service), as you suggested, and then afterwards you can come back here and talk about the button (the topic of this thread). Good luck.they then removed it “its not allowed in my region” ... despite me paying for it all upfront.
I’m leaving here for good. As its time to move on. This community only looks for “+”Nothing you're saying makes any sense. Take this to private therapy (and to Tesla service), as you suggested, and then afterwards you can come back here and talk about the button (the topic of this thread). Good luck.
I don't think people here look for "+" only, it's just your experience does not match a vast majority of what people have experienced, and just like you have the right to speak your case, they have the right to rebut you when their experience is different. Plus the way you are wording things makes it seem like you are putting things in absolute terms, instead of allowing for the possibility your experience is an outlier.I’m leaving here for good. As its time to move on. This community only looks for “+”
MCU1 or MCU2?Its all . The system can’t handle basic functions: media, nav, web. Forget 3d live video processing. I have the current firmware, hw3, 100d, it crashes more than waves on a beach. Freezes on sentry despite tesla certified usb stick. Its been worked up. “Not” realistic. To handle so many users, without crashing itself many times over. .... more like broken back.
It may be a bash, but it is absolutely consistent with what I've seen. MCU1 was borderline unusable even before HW3. Now it is the worst mess I've ever seen. Map tiles take minutes to load (if they load at all), web pages don't load at all, you have to wipe the USB stick every time you reboot the system because it corrupts the filesystem and can't do even the most basic repair, etc.Every single one of your posts is a bash.
Brand new poster. Motive is questionable at best.